Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Niawanda Park (9 images)
Posted By: madmikess, 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Got another beautiful day today so I took just my youngest for a walk along the Niagara River at Niawanda Park in Tonawanda, NY. This place will look much nicer once the leaves and flowers start growing in, but life is slowly starting to return here from the dead of winter. As always, comments welcome.

Looking south down the river towards the south Grand Island Bridges.

This is looking northward, where the lighthouse is the Erie Canal entrance is on the right.

This was one of only 2 ducks I've seen around here so far. In the summer they are all over the place. A male and a female, the female was off to the left which you see in the following picture.

Another view of the Lighthouse from a little closer.

This is the same duck couple from earlier but this time they are both taking a rest on a chunk of ice.

Looking towards the South Grand Island Bridges again, from this spot you can see more of the bridges.

Thank you for looking.
Views: 2,246
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series Mike. I love that area. Great potential year round. JIM
04-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, my favorites are the ones with the ducks, thanks for sharing.
04-03-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Nice shots, my favorites are the ones with the ducks, thanks for sharing.
They are beautiful looking creatures... As long as the local Chinese restaurant isn't trying to catch them and serve them for lunch (true story)

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great series Mike. I love that area. Great potential year round. JIM
It is a nice place and since the river walk runs along the length of the Niagara River you can walk the path for quite a ways in either direction. Tonawanda is about middle of the Niagara River geographically so there is a nice walk either way you go. My co-worker suggested I go to the other side of the river and snap some shots from the Grand Island side.

04-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series. I like the BW image. A great park for a walk, though I have not had the chance in a few years.