Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winter waterfalls
Posted By: bdery, 04-04-2009, 07:24 AM

Here are five shots of two waterfalls near Quebec city. Nothing really fancy except the beauty of the frozen waterfalls themselves.

The two night shots are of a waterfall named Montmorency. The snow and ice hill at the base of the fall happens every winter, we call it the sugarbread.

The other waterfall is the Chaudière (Bucket). The power lines were unavoidable, sadly. the zoomed picture was shot by using multi-exposures (nine). I had forgotten my filters to make one long exposure, shame on me! And also my tripod, so the multi-exposures were done with the camera resting on a ramp. This explains the slight fuzzyness of the shot.

Views: 1,440
04-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series. Really like the second night shot. winter certainly gives all those waterfalls interesting shapes
04-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are great. It's great to live in an so photo genetic erea. One question: Where is the blue light from in picture 1?

regards,

Cor
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really interesting and amazing shots! The first image has exciting lighting!

04-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Beautiful pictures. I love the last one. Excellent.
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Here are five shots of two waterfalls near Quebec city. Nothing really fancy except the beauty of the frozen waterfalls themselves.

The two night shots are of a waterfall named Montmorency. The snow and ice hill at the base of the fall happens every winter, we call it the sugarbread.

The other waterfall is the Chaudière (Bucket). The power lines were unavoidable, sadly. the zoomed picture was shot by using multi-exposures (nine). I had forgotten my filters to make one long exposure, shame on me! And also my tripod, so the multi-exposures were done with the camera resting on a ramp. This explains the slight fuzzyness of the shot.

That is an amazing place I have been by there on my way to Mont-Sainte-Anne Ski Resort during the Quebec City winter Carnival Thanks for sharing!!!
04-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
They are great. It's great to live in an so photo genetic erea. One question: Where is the blue light from in picture 1?
The lighting was installed last summer, so that the waterfall looks good at night too. You can actually see the spots on the second picture, to the right of the waterfall. They change colour over time, it's really beautiful. I agree that my city is photogenic, I just don't do it justice.

QuoteQuote:
That is an amazing place I have been by there on my way to Mont-Sainte-Anne Ski Resort during the Quebec City winter Carnival
The best time to see the city in winter is certainly during the carnival. I'm glad you liked your trip.

04-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Simply incredible view.

I have never seen such tremendous waterfalls frozen up!