Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Red Sox Home Opener - many pictures
Posted By: vievetrick, 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM

These are not the most artistic pictures but I wanted to share them with you all. My other favorite hobby is Red Sox baseball. I am not to rabit a fan and know that not everyone A. likes baseball and B. loves the Red Sox like I do. So please check these out and comment if you want. I have to say there is nothing like going to the ball park to watch your team play. Never been to Opening Day and must say it was even more fun then normal. Hey I actually say another Pentax Shooter. He was using a DL and I said "hi" but not sure if he heard me. Was it someone Here?

Last edited by vievetrick; 04-11-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Views: 1,704
04-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
All shot with K10D
1-5 shot with DA16-45mm 6-7 Shot with Sigma 70-200 with 1.4X
Very little PP as it was late last night but for the most part some are cropped, the usual resized levels and sharpening.
04-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yea! Go Sox! I'm a bit of a Red Sox fan myself even if I do live 5 miles from Yankmee stadium. The action shots were quite good. How close were you? Lens? Loved the shot of the Dice fans.

NaCl(lets hope he turns into THE yankmee killer)H2O
04-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You got some really nice shots Pat! For some reason my favorite is the first with the tickets. Lucky you're not a Cleveland fan, our entire home opener weekend got snowed out, and they moved the next games to Milwaukee! Hopefully the tribe will be back home soon, if it ever stops snowing!

BTW, I've gotten many a sunburn sitting in the bleachers at Fenway when I was a teenager! Very fond memories and I still have a soft spot for the Red Sox.

Carol

04-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

GO SOX!!!! My fav team, I live kinda far away but I have been to Fenway twice, man, I cant wait to go there again.
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #6

All I can say is BOOOOOOOO!

Nice pics though.

Bori (YANKEE fan)
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry Bori we all have are faults just kidding. I plan on trying to get to The Evil Empire's lair this year (that is Yankee Stadium for those that don't know what I mean). I have not been there in about 10 years and love seeing a game there and this it's last season. So I hope to check it out one more time. Just so you know I will be cheering for who ever is playing against them.

Buddha and or anyone else seeing a game this year let me know when you are going. It could be fun to hook up and have a beverage. I am heading to about 6 games over the season, but that could always change.

04-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #8
Pentaxian

What, no foul pole shots? So they let you in with the big lens then! someting looks wrong with that flag - must be the wide angle. almost looks as good as cricket!
04-12-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice story telling photos Pat. From the tickets to what looks like people leaving the game. Great.

Cheers

Eddie
04-12-2007, 04:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
What, no foul pole shots? So they let you in with the big lens then! someting looks wrong with that flag - must be the wide angle. almost looks as good as cricket!
Last year I managed to get in with my Sigma 70-200 EX with 2xTC attached, no problems. I'm wondering when they'll start cracking down with lenses that large...

John
04-12-2007, 05:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Arpe - I have never had a problem getting the lens in. When I first got it last year I was worried but gave it a try. I have a Tamrac Velocity 7 bag and what I did was put the Sigma in on side (it fits if you put it in front first). Usually a 50mm and then the body with the 16-45 attached. The first time I went I was worried. They always search the bag and have never asked me (so far 10+games) to take the lens out. They always give you a wrist band type tag on the bag proving it was searched. I kept the first one one and everyone after. I think (in my mind anyway) that if they see the collection they must figure I have been before and don't ask how big the lens is. I have noticed last year and this that I see a lot more people with larger lenses. Granted not 2.8's but still good sized zooms.

The flag is actually a real flag and flapping a little in the breeze.

Thanks for the comments.
04-12-2007, 05:53 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Sorry Bori we all have are faults just kidding. I plan on trying to get to The Evil Empire's lair this year (that is Yankee Stadium for those that don't know what I mean). I have not been there in about 10 years and love seeing a game there and this it's last season. So I hope to check it out one more time. Just so you know I will be cheering for who ever is playing against them.

Buddha and or anyone else seeing a game this year let me know when you are going. It could be fun to hook up and have a beverage. I am heading to about 6 games over the season, but that could always change.
Pat, If you go to The Stadium, PM me before hand. Maybe we could hook up, at least just to say Hi. I don't go there as a rule. The blandishments of the Dark Side are many and strong. I do have to admit that monument alley is pretty cool.

NaCl(tho I should get there and to Shea as this will be the last year for both of them)H2O
04-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
NaClH2O for sure I will let you know.
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These shots really bring back memories for me. We lived in Watertown in the early '70's and used to drive down Storrow Drive for an evening game at Fenway. Doesn't look all that different, although I think I read that it was enlarged.

Jer
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

very slick. I like the last one especially, captures the activity in the concession areas well.

I was going home from work listening to that game on the radio. I think the first inning lasted nearly 40 minutes...