Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

R.I.P. Rosie
Posted By: Mechan1k, 04-05-2009, 12:46 PM

It has been hard to gather up the courage to post a couple of images of one of my horses which passed recently.

We only had our brood mare for a few years (we bought her when she was 4) ... she was not in a good way and picked up further out in the country for a good price. We brought her home and she picked up well and really runed out to be a nice little mare.

We were looking at breeding with her soon since her condition has really come good ... especially with lush paddocks the last couple of years with good rains.

She had unfortunately died from a ruptured bowel ... she had no signs of colic during the day or the previous day. We had gone to the hosptial earlier in the day as my wife and I attended pre-natal classes. We got home to see her in distress. Long story short ... the vet came in the late afternoon and gave us the diagnosis after a fair bit of testing. This sort of thing is not treatable really. If anyone has an idea on equine anatomy, their digestive system is not designed too well.

She passed that evening while the vet was at our place.

We miss her dearly.
R.I.P. Rosie

Views: 3,200
04-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Simon,
Sorry to hear this mate, its never easy.
I do appreciate how attached you can get to animals, they create a special place in your life.

At the very least you have some great images to remember her by.
Cheers
Grant

04-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #17
Damn Brit

I'm sorry for your loss Simon, I don't have horses but I have lost several cats and dogs and many smaller animals in my time. It is never easy but all we can do is give them all the love and respect that we can while we have them.
04-06-2009, 01:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
We miss her dearly.
That is the most loving and respectful thing you can now do - miss her.

Wildman
04-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that Simon. She looks a beautiful animal and no doubt you will miss her.
Frame a large version of one of those shots and hang it. She , and you and your wife deserve that at least. That way a lasting memory.
Condolences.

04-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear, Simon. Very sad after her wonderful recovery. Hope you and Mrs. Mechan1c are coping. Don't need to stress this close to baby time. Be well & stay happy mate
04-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Touching story. Sorry to hear it.

The pictures are a lasting memory.
04-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #22
Veteran Member

sorry to hear of your loss, Simon, my deepest condolences

04-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow ... I never expected this sort of response.

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful heartfelt replies.
I guess it is something you have to expect at some point in time ... but it is never easy.
Aboth 2-3 years ago we had to put down my wife pet Jack Russell ofter being hit by a car ... that was hard as well.

But what was hard was the fact she was young and didn't get a good chance at living out a good life as we were hoping for her.

Bruce ... thank you for a wonderful idea of framing some of these ... I have an idea now ... but will leave it till after the baby has been born though.

Hopefully soon though I will have different images to post up on here ... 10 more days (or so Bec hopes)
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Hopefully soon though I will have different images to post up on here ... 10 more days (or so Bec hopes)

My bet it will be a Girl,and may all considered be healthy happy and safe

cheers
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We actually already know the gender of the baby