Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Panoramic view of NE Colorado
Posted By: RoxnDox, 04-07-2009, 02:31 PM

Other than the Interstate hidden just over a slight rise down the hill to the west, there is nothing out here but a whole lotta empty countryside.

This is a view looking pretty much south. This pic is posted over at deviantart, (http://roxndox.deviantart.com/art/Colorado-Sand-Hills-Pano-180-S-118460121) at full size for the version I put up (4288x600). I also have a decent 360-degree pano I'm tweaking from the same set of pics.

K100D, 18-55 kit lens Mk 1, tripod mounted of course. 7 shots stitched together in PS Elements 6. All shots in Av mode with AE-lock on after setting it to brightest direction.

Jim

Views: 2,290
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the full size, good work, thanks for sharing.
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
F16

Nice view, good composition and the panoramic really shows just how wide open it is. I'd like to see this without the car, in May when everything is turning green, and with a polarizer (though a polarizer might not be realistic with a wide stitched set of photos).
04-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Damn Brit

Nice work Jim, I like the lines that the road makes in the shot and the car gives some sense of scale.

04-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice - one of the best shots of nothing to see I have seen - nice job on the pano as well. We have a lot of that type of country here as well.
04-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by F16 Quote
Nice view, good composition and the panoramic really shows just how wide open it is. I'd like to see this without the car, in May when everything is turning green, and with a polarizer (though a polarizer might not be realistic with a wide stitched set of photos).
Next trip is first week of June, I'll see if the weather cooperates A CPL is actually on my yet-to-acquired list I seem to take more landscapes than anything else, I really ought to have gotten one by now...

Gonna be tough to find a place to hide the car out there, though!

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice work Jim, I like the lines that the road makes in the shot and the car gives some sense of scale.
Thanks Stitching worked better this time compared to my first pano taken after dusk in the snow. Shot in manual this time around - I do learn even if it's a slow process!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very nice - one of the best shots of nothing to see I have seen - nice job on the pano as well. We have a lot of that type of country here as well.
Thanks - It does a pretty good job of illustrating that old saying "Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles..." I'd love to get up north to the Canadian plains and see 'em myself. Now if only I can convince SWMBO on that destination...

Jim
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Very nice, love the curvy road!