Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Few Shots from my Trip to Radium BC this week
Posted By: Jimbo, 04-08-2009, 09:14 PM

These first three were taken just outside of my home towm Revelstoke BC. working on more. JIM

Views: 2,444
04-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
This is the second image opening in photoshop where the first was opened in Lightroom. There is a big difference in the look of the image in photoshop.. JIM

04-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Jimbo, I look forward to your shots, you are darned lucky guy with all that scenery at your doorstep and on your travels.
Beautiful colours, scenery and reflections in these ones.
04-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Gary. I have a few more I will post today. Yes, I am very lucky to have the Rockies and Pacific Ocean close to me. Cheers and thank you for commenting Gary. JIM

04-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Jim and thanks for posting these, we were supposed to leave for a 10 day trip to BC next week but had to cancel. So you showed us some familiar scenery instead. I like the PS one better than the lightroom ones but they are all very nice images.
04-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

can I just say "OH SNAP!!"
AWESOME PICTURES!!

All the more reason I love BC
04-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Beautiful landscape images, Jimbo. The colours from the PS image are striking. The LR colours are dull. Stick to PS or get a Pentax K10 preset for LR.
04-09-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Jim , it looks just like outside my door save a few details like the mountains , lakes and rivers , forest - other than that !

I prefer the PS one as well. Well done.

04-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
jeffkpotter

Truly amazing and inspiring photos! Rich in color and perfectly composed.
04-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Hi Jim and thanks for posting these, we were supposed to leave for a 10 day trip to BC next week but had to cancel. So you showed us some familiar scenery instead. I like the PS one better than the lightroom ones but they are all very nice images
Thanks Henrich. I agree with you on opening these type of shots in PS. I think the two systems change the AW of the shot for some reason. I wished I had more time to take photo's. Golf got in the way in Radium. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
can I just say "OH SNAP!!"
AWESOME PICTURES!!

All the more reason I love
Appreciate the comment. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Nice shots Jim , it looks just like outside my door save a few details like the mountains , lakes and rivers , forest - other than that !

I prefer the PS one as well. Well done.
Thank you Dave. going through the Rodger Pass is mind blowing with all the mountains. It should be on everyone's bucket list. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Truly amazing and inspiring photos! Rich in color and perfectly composed
Thanks Jeff. You have a way of making taking the whole picture worth wild. Thank you. JIM
04-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful series, as usaual, JIM. I particularly like #2, and I believe I prefer the PS version, as well. Seems like a while back, you made a similar comparison with another shot and I prefered the LR one, then (I may not remember correctly) - doesn't mater: both versions look great.

Jer
04-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JIM, If I got it right, it is the National park, and he is wonderful the landscape! I once again make sure that Canada the most beautiful country! Thank you!
04-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Wonderful series, as usaual, JIM. I particularly like #2, and I believe I prefer the PS version, as well. Seems like a while back, you made a similar comparison with another shot and I prefered the LR one, then (I may not remember correctly) - doesn't mater: both versions look great.

Jer
Thanks Jer and you are correct on the comparisons the last go around. I prefer the PS to LR this time too. JIM

QuoteQuote:
JIM, If I got it right, it is the National park, and he is wonderful the landscape! I once again make sure that Canada the most beautiful country! Thank you!
Today 07:49 AM
Thank you for commenting on my images. JIM
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just to finish off this series, I wanted to show all three opening directly in PS instead of lightroom. JIM

04-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Wow, awesome scenery shots.

Don't you just love living in B.C.?