Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentaxium overload
Posted By: rparmar, 04-09-2009, 08:36 AM

I had no real plans for this last Pentaxium and had lots of practical things to do that day. So no dedicated excursion. Instead, I just took photos much as I normally do. I didn't hold myself to any one style or approach. For fun I decide to use just three prime lenses, a classic 28 / 50 / 105mm combination. And yes, all manual focus!

I have upped my limit of three to the dedicated forum, so here will share more.

These two are with the Vivitar 28mm/2 K01.

four in silence, waiting

yesterday's hits

Views: 3,542
04-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Jer, Dave, Steve, James, metroeloise, JHfwp and JMR. This has encouraged me to post some more shots from pentaxium, but I need to process them first. Will put them up tomorrow.

04-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Maybe I should point out which of the above shots I think are kinda crap?
No, no, no, none of them are crap -- at least to this noobie. I enjoyed them all, especially the "onion" one. My photo group did something similar a couple of months ago, and we called it "painting with light." You wanne see a couple of crap photos, you should have seen mine.
04-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, here are the extra ones from Pentaxium: a mix of all three lenses. The Barrier Project is something I've been working on a while, when ever I find a suitable shot in my neighbourhood. I think I've rather exhausted my images from the day. But if you want to keep track of other work, become my contact on Flickr.

stars of the kitchen
K 50mm 1.2

No Ball Paying
K 50mm 1.2

waiting key
Vivitar Series 1 105mm

Barrier 2176: three bars
Vivitar 28mm K01

Barrier 2169: brown door
Vivitar 28mm K01

04-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Bookmarked it! Thank you. I'm rushed today, but I plan on spending a lot of time there when I get the opportunity.

Anyone that can routinely take the ordinary, or even a piece of trash, and turn it into a work of art is a very special photographer. Thanks again for sharing. (Please don't take that the wrong way either, some of what you have posted in this thread alone is far from ordinary--I'm just in awe!)

04-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If anything, I prefer the ordinary. Was just out at a national park yesterday and wasn't terribly inspired. What I mean is, while it was great to be there in an area of natural beauty, and I had a great time simply walking and being, it wasn't photographically inspiring to me. Whereas a discarded can of beer on the ground makes me think... how can I do something graphically compelling with this?