Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More Wood!
Posted By: metroeloise, 04-11-2009, 09:36 AM

These are from my first photo shoot in the wood. The location is around a small bay just at the edge of town. All done with a mix of k20d and k100d. Mostly swapping the Siggy 17-35 and the Tammy 70-300 back and forth. Looking to tell the difference at a glance...

1)

2)

3)

4)

C&C Welcomed...
Views: 1,677
04-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Metro,
Right off the bat, what is doing your images an injustice is their size. They are to small for this type of photography and hide much of the detail.

To be fair I will only comment on two of them.
The first is quite good. I don't know what is in that upper right corner but it is drawing my attention to it instead of the woods.

The fourth image is also quite good, but that branch running across the the trunk bothers me as well..

The PP work looks good to me, especially the first...
04-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Metro,
Right off the bat, what is doing your images an injustice is their size. They are to small for this type of photography and hide much of the detail.

To be fair I will only comment on two of them.
The first is quite good. I don't know what is in that upper right corner but it is drawing my attention to it instead of the woods.

The fourth image is also quite good, but that branch running across the the trunk bothers me as well..

The PP work looks good to me, especially the first...
Thank you.

Bigger is much better with these! Since most are shot with the k20d, all raw, minimal crop, they ought to print up large! Maybe...

The 1st one: In the corner? It is a rock outcrop overhang. It has undulating surfaces and rocky texture. I liked the combination of that with the trees. Particularly the one that seems to be reaching out to it. I wanted that tension... Maybe better PP to make it smoother... I'll look into it.

The 4th one... I know the branch! Really didn't see it. Seems to take me awhile to gather sensitivity about the little things in the frame for each type of photography... Some is carried over but I just missed the branch... Now for PP! I suppose I should be able to take it out or down play it in Ps... I'll look into it!

Thanks so much for the C&C! I feel encouraged and educated... Great combination.