Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Birds and a Muskrat and LBA
Posted By: MightyMike, 04-14-2009, 06:47 AM

Here are a few photo from the Sigma 100-300 F4 and 1.4x teleconvertor...

EXCEPT the first one what was with the Yashica Yashinon 60mm F2.8 1:1 Macro M42
lens i picked up in Arkansas on a recent vacation for $15, the lens is excellent for
its build quality, very smooth operation, the aperture blades and in beautiful
condition and the glass is spotless (after i cleaned it) the only problem is that
when extended and tilted up or down there is something inside that slide back
and forth in the barrel, after a number of test i can tell you its not affecting the
aperture or optical performance

Yes this was taken with a manual focus 60mm F2.8, only slightly cropped for better composition

The rest are of course with my typical setup Sigma 100-300 + 1.4x

A Muskrat

A camera shy Cardinal

Thanks for looking
Views: 1,814
04-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done Mike - that fist shot is a stunner right down to the drop of water off the beak. The other two are excellent.
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Mike - that fist shot is a stunner right down to the drop of water off the beak. The other two are excellent.
Thanks Daacon
04-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

Very nice Mike. You certainly have a way of depicting nature in an animated way. Really like the Swan and Cardinal shots, even the blurred one! The muskrat is also fine as you have framed him nicely, crisp and clear.

JMR

04-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Thumper473

Nice! I like the Bokeh in the first shot of the Cardinal. All are wonderful photos.
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Very nice Mike. You certainly have a way of depicting nature in an animated way. Really like the Swan and Cardinal shots, even the blurred one! The muskrat is also fine as you have framed him nicely, crisp and clear.

JMR
The muskrat was a tight crop... i didn't have my boot on so i couldn't go sloshing through the marsh to get closer... of course he'd have been scared away long before i got close enoug, i thought the Cardinal was worthy of posting despite the blur as i managed to capture it before he left the frame thenks for commenting

QuoteOriginally posted by Thumper473 Quote
Nice! I like the Bokeh in the first shot of the Cardinal. All are wonderful photos.
Thanks Thumper473, i found the bokeh to be a little bit busy do to the type of the background but perhaps its better then another lens might do in the same situation