Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lunenburg
Posted By: JMR, 04-14-2009, 09:55 AM

Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, from my slide files of a few years ago. They are giving me headaches, with so much dust and mold spots that just won't come off! Anyway, how could I resist this old snake-like tree stump and the charm of Lunenburg.

JMR
Edit: This new first image is what should have gone up, but I might as well post all three versions so that we see variations. I boosted the contrast and brightness in the BW image.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 04-21-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Views: 1,894
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Damn Brit

That's a great compo JMR.
04-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting image. JIM
04-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
jeffkpotter

I love the image but have to admit the pinkish effect, and that strange stump, give it a unsettling vibe.
(Which, of course, I like!) Bet it would make an interesting black and white. I can really empathize with
you about the dust and mold on old slides and negatives. I hate dealing with that too.

04-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That's a great compo JMR.
Thanks Gary.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Interesting image. JIM
It's that snake! Thnaks for commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
I love the image but have to admit the pinkish effect, and that strange stump, give it a unsettling vibe. (Which, of course, I like!) Bet it would make an interesting black and white. I can really empathize with you about
the dust and mold on old slides and negatives. I hate dealing with that.
Yes, I agree, I was half asleep when I let that magenta cast go! It was supposed to be subtle, just enough to accentuate the clouds. I posted the original, which I am sure many people will like better. I remember having one with the filter and one without. Thanks Jeff.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 04-14-2009 at 06:05 PM.
04-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
jeffkpotter

The second one has a wonderful moody twilight feel. Love that red building and the lights.
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would have been cool to have the Bluenose sailing by in the background at the same time.

04-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
The second one has a wonderful moody twilight feel. Love that red building and the lights.
The reds always lure me, as if to say, how will place me this time!

QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
Would have been cool to have the Bluenose sailing by in the background at the same time.
Now that I posted three variations, does this mean I have to wait for the Bluenose to pass three times? Thanks for the comments.

JMR
04-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Now that I posted three variations, does this mean I have to wait for the Bluenose to pass three times? Thanks for the comments.

JMR
I'll just imagine it there in all 3. Either way, It's a nice image rendered in 3 different creative ways.
04-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice image JMR, I like the 3rd one best. The rootes look like prehistoric multifooted cretures that are crawling towrds you. :-)
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Thumper473

I like them. That last one in black and white looks like the stump belongs in an old horror movie. The attack of the prehistoric petrified octopus.
04-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #12
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
I'll just imagine it there in all 3. Either way, It's a nice image rendered in 3 different creative ways.
Many thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice image JMR, I like the 3rd one best. The rootes look like prehistoric multifooted cretures that are crawling towrds you. :-)
I wonder if it is still there. I believe it was located at the foot of the golf course. I have to say, if it wasn't for Digital, I don't think I would have ventured into BW. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Thumper473 Quote
I like them. That last one in black and white looks like the stump belongs in an old horror movie. The attack of the prehistoric petrified octopus.
Thanks for the comments.

JMR
04-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Nice shots JMR. I prefer the color ones. It has been a long time since I was in that neck of the woods, but I remember the houses being very colorful all kinds of colors. Thanks for sharing.
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
JMR
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dave. I suppose you read the thread. The original was gaudy magenta version which I removed.

JMR