Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
All Hands on Deck...Spring Has Spring!!
Posted By: VaughnA, 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM

For the first time this year, my wife and I were able to sit out on our deck in shorts and t-shirts. We spent a couple of hours just watching the birds and taking pictures of the birds, the blooming dogwoods and flowers and the pup. Only cropping except for a bit of adjustment for the chickadee. Be kind, I'm just getting back into this photo stuff

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo   

Views: 3,338
04-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shots. I like the bird in action on the last photo. Looks like spring has sprung for you. enjoy
04-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the flowering tree. I think that is what it is. I hear you and we had a close to 70 degree day here in WesternMass. Sad to say I had to work but the weekend looks promising.
04-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I like the flowering tree. I think that is what it is. I hear you and we had a close to 70 degree day here in WesternMass. Sad to say I had to work but the weekend looks promising.
If you are talking the white flower, it's a dogwood, Virginia's state tree, an absolutely beautiful bloom this time a year. The reddish flowers are the redbud tree blossoms.

04-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Outstanding view - well done I did enjoy.
04-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #6

I love the dogwood photo.

It reminds me of an interesting aspect of photography that I've been trying to articulate. Have you ever noticed that a particular photograph seems to elicit a VERY strong emotional response even....whether or not it's a technically proficient photo?

Then there are photos that fall off the edge into the cliche' or are too melodramatic .... and finding that edge without falling in is a fascinating endeavor.

And lucky us, as photographers....we get to enjoy both sides of this, the production of our own images and the appreciation of the efforts of others. Nice hobby, eh?

Is the dog a Dachshund mix? I only ask this because Magdalene, my Doxie, leveled an appraising eye on the first photo and sniffed, "rather long legs don't you think?"

She's SUCH a critic and reminds me of those snotty cheerleader girls in high school.
04-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
I love the dogwood photo.

It reminds me of an interesting aspect of photography that I've been trying to articulate. Have you ever noticed that a particular photograph seems to elicit a VERY strong emotional response even....whether or not it's a technically proficient photo?

Then there are photos that fall off the edge into the cliche' or are too melodramatic .... and finding that edge without falling in is a fascinating endeavor.

And lucky us, as photographers....we get to enjoy both sides of this, the production of our own images and the appreciation of the efforts of others. Nice hobby, eh?

Is the dog a Dachshund mix? I only ask this because Magdalene, my Doxie, leveled an appraising eye on the first photo and sniffed, "rather long legs don't you think?"

She's SUCH a critic and reminds me of those snotty cheerleader girls in high school.

Thanks for the kind words. I took about 20 dogwood photos yesterday and many of them looked good to me. The light was just perfect for backliighting. I'm just getting back into 'serious' photography after a 20+ year layoff. I'm having a ball although my composition is still a bit of a crap shoot.

The dachsund is baron, he would be offended about the long legged comment.

He's a purebred 'pet quality' guy and is the child we never had. By far the best dog my wife and I have ever had. Gotta love dogwoods and dogs.