Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

"Real Life" Rusty Farm Stuff - bokeh content
Posted By: mikeSF, 04-19-2009, 09:38 PM

I had the urge to shoot some photos this weekend and have pretty much exhausted my backyard flower/bird subjects...so I decided to return to a familiar shooting location and try out some bokeh shots with the Cosina 55mm at f/1.2.

Apologies if you recognize the rusty hay rake and John Deere plow from my earlier SMC-M 50mm series...I gotta quit shooting "local" and take a road trip to Yosemite or something...

Nevertheless, on to the rusty iron objects:

#1 Detail from a Rusty Plow

I shot this notched mechanism before and am rather fascinated with the shadows and texture...man, i have got to get out more, i know.

#2 Sinister Hay Rake

Those sharp tines on the rake just look so evil to me...I applied a little PP to acentuate the "darker side" of farming...woohoohahahaha [goin' for the Hammer Films look a la "Farmer Brown Has Risen From The Grave"]

#3 Spring from Rusty Plow

Watching the spring fall OOF.

#4 Rusty bolts from Plow

mmm, rusty bolts.

#5 Hay Rake - Wheel Detail

The wheel hub from the evil hay rake, complete with authentic evil bird droppings...

I applied some toning to these using Adobe Camera Raw. Joking aside, I hope you like one or two of these. I had fun trespassing.

Last edited by mikeSF; 04-19-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Views: 6,514
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I really like #3 (Spring)...

04-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #17

Really nice photos, good job!
04-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Great series! Artistic pp and good compositions