Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Early spring at the beach.
Posted By: madmikess, 04-20-2009, 06:24 AM

Here are a few I snapped at Evangola State Park at the eastern end of Lake Erie, south of Buffalo. Right now this place is pretty bad looking but I have no doubt that it'll be cleaned up by the time summer rolls around.

It's a very rocky beach with a lof this shale around that's breaking off from the layers being exposed by the erosion efforts of the lake. Since everything pretty much blows the length of the lake in this direction the worst of the weather hits here. On the plus side, there are lots of flat rocks to skip across the water.

You can see the shale layer about half way up the bank.

Views: 2,077
04-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It will be fun to see these spots in a few months. I will say they all seem a bit under exposed. Could be just me. Thanks for sharing
04-20-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It was a little bright as I took these pictures around 2pm on a sunny day. I did try to adjust for the exposure the camera chose. Is this better?

As for the shot of the shale pieces on the beach, I actually like it the way it is. I used the direct positive preset in Lightroom and I like the way it brings out the contrasting colors of the rocks.
04-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do like these better.But to each his own. I think that is the right saying. I am cool with the shale pieces setting as well.