Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Street Portrait
Posted By: paulyrichard, 04-22-2009, 05:18 AM

This is another homeless guy I met on the streets the other day, in London.

I have had some good news after my appointment with Crisis. There will be an exhibition in London by photographers past present and dead, this is the one in 2010 at the Proud Gallery in London. The exhibition is called 'A Positive View'.

I will find out more and post links in the future, its still early days.

Photographers are welcome to submit images and do not have to be documentin' the homeless.
The images that will be shown within the gallery will be up for auction at the end of the exhibitions run. The money made from this will go straight to a homeless charity of which Prince William is patron.

Andrew Page has also told me havin' viewed my images in his office, i've shown here on this forum too, that he wishes to run and exhibit solely my own work in a gallery also. To try and raise funds and recognition for the homeless.

This has given me even more inspiration (I already had enough), to highlight these guys plight, in the hope that changes will be rung.

I'm sorry to be so bold and state this to you guys but this is such good news for me (somethin' like this has never happened to me before), I reccommend you guys to do somethin' similar in your own countries. It can do a lot of good, and you will surely be recognised for your efforts through the proper channels.

Jerry

Views: 2,675
04-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #16

BRAVO on the good news and the stunning photo!