Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
ANZAC Day 2009 - Old Cars & Young Children
Posted By: dosdan, 04-24-2009, 07:40 PM

I'm sure other Aussies will post some shots of soldiers & veterans marching. Here are some shots of old cars & two of my children, Uma & Kaiea, marching to honour their grandfather, Ron Bridges, who served in WW2 & Korea. The three servicemen in the B&W photo are three of the Bridges brothers: Pat (Navy), Ron (Army), Vince (Air Force).

This was a local march in the suburb of Sunnybank, but people came from surrounding suburbs and it was very well attended.

Fill flash did not work as well as I'd hoped. K20D. Lens is DA 16-45/F4. I love the colours in the last shot.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 04-24-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Views: 1,801
04-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Good work Dan, looks like conditions were bright, you handled them well.
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks Dan

great presentation of the day

Neil
04-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Thanks Dan

great presentation of the day

Neil
Thanks, Neil. These suburban marches have a lot of young kids attending, which in my option, is a very good sign. This event does not glorify war (what a terrible waste of young life), but encourages service to our community & country and I'm glad the young ones go. It wasn't that long ago that teenagers & young adults appeared very self-centered (well that's the way it appeared to me) but I think things are changing.

The man in the navy blue shirt & shorts in the last photo saw me taking lots of shots of my kids. He asked me to take a shot of his son as well. I was glad to take a number of photos of his son. Here's one of his son (the boy wearing his relative's medals) with his school mate.

Dan.

04-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Thanks, Neil. These suburban marches have a lot of young kids attending, which in my option, is a very good sign. This event does not glorify war (what a terrible waste of young life), but encourages service to our community & country and I'm glad the young ones go. It wasn't that long ago that teenagers & young adults appeared very self-centered (well that's the way it appeared to me) but I think things are changing.

The man in the navy blue shirt & shorts in the last photo saw me taking lots of shots of my kids. He asked me to take a shot of his son as well. I was glad to take a number of photos of his son. Here's one of his son (the boy wearing his relative's medals) with his school mate.

Dan.

Fantastic mate... it is great to see the youngsters taken such an active part in suburban and city events..It is re-assurance the Anzac lengend will live on when you see things like this

Neil
04-25-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
James S

Great photos!

I myself went to Brisbane city, I will add some images of my own in a seperate thread, later.
04-25-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful Story Dan - always great to honor those who sacrificed so much so that we do not have to. Nice series.