Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Ordination
Posted By: ikonographics, 04-24-2009, 11:28 PM

I was at a friend's ordination yesterday and it was a great oportunity to test the K20s high ISO. The shots were at 1600.

Last edited by ikonographics; 11-02-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Views: 2,115
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
Thank you so much for responding with the specifics of your camera settings. I'm wondering about your choice of setting ISO on the front dial. Here's my newbieness showing....

I've noticed a couple of posts here about good clairity and quality even at very high ISO. If that is the case my choice would be to put shutter speed on the dial.

As if I actually know what I'm talking about .... Yesterday I was so excited about seeing rowers on the river that I accidentally bumped the mode dial to M and shot about 50 photos all overexposed to total white. (I was being brave and wasn't chimping between shots.) Sigh. So much for my "opposing gravity" entry here.

So I need a car alarm hooked up to the mode dial with a recorded message, "LADY, are you crazy??? Step away from the dial. NOW!"

I look forward to the baptism photos.
I'm also at the stage of experimenting with the various modes. I'm sure there are plenty of people far more knowledgable than me around! In P, M and TAv modes the front dial is set to shutter and the back to aperture (unless you change them around.) In Av mode the front dial has no function so you can set it either for the ISO or for EV compensation. In Tv the same applies to the back dial. I'm busy experimenting to see which I find more useful.

Don't worry when I went for my first "expedition" with the camera forgot the EV comp at +1 from some experimenting at home the evening before... and as it was a bright sunny day all my shots were over-exposed We learn from our mistakes!

04-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Perhaps there was a touch of Divine intervention on getting such good exposures.
I have no doubt about that! Many years ago a shot a baptism with a broken light meter... that were some of the best photos I've ever taken!