Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Anzac Day 2009 Brisbane shots
Posted By: James S, 04-26-2009, 03:52 AM

Hows it going, yesterday headed to the CBD to view and congratulate the return servicemen and all the people like the Nurses and Merchant Navy personnel who were largely behind the scenes, and of course, take some photographs.

First one is not so much interesting or that good, but I think it's worth posting for the 'cuteness' factor.

It's a RAAF working dog, Puppy - with the cute little Learner tags on his coat.

6RAR marching in the largest number I would guess over 500, quite a show!

The drivers attention in this beautiful old Jeep was averted from the road for a moment as a RAAF F-111C passes overhead at 700km/h.

This is a rather large gun! It's a M198 155mm Howitzer -- towed by an Army Mack Bulldog.

And finally,

Anzac Square, Brisbane, This is where the Shrine of Remembrance and the eternal flame lie.

Hope you enjoyed.
Views: 1,436
04-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for postin' these, James.
The first photo does have the cuteness factor. That little dog reminds me of my German Shepherd (Zeus), when he was a puppy. Nice one.