Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
North America Bird ID Thread
Posted By: AlexD, 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Hi everyone,

If you have any North American "mystery-birds" (who doesn't?), which you can't identify, post them here in this thread!! I'll try to ID them, and if any other forum member can ID them first, feel free!

Just a few simple guidelines I'd like to set in place to make the ID'ing job easier:

#1. Photos of the un-identified bird, blurry or non blurry, but any photos which show the bird in question. Post up to 5 per bird per post.
#2 *. Please include as much physical information as you possibly are able to. Voice, flight (i.e. wavy, super fast, soaring), rough estimate of size. Don't worry if you are unable to get all.
#3 *. Where did you see the bird, and in what habitat? Rough location is acceptable (i.e. Southwest Minnesota, evergreen forest).
#4 *. Include the date in which the un-identified bird was seen / photographed. Not the date in which the post was posted, but the date in which the actual encounter happened. If it happened the same day as the post, fine.
#5 *. Also, please post only encounters / photos newer than 5 years old.

* = Required.

Well, those are all. Looking forward to your bird pics!

Remember that correct ID is not 100% guaranteed. I will do my best to ensure timely correct ID's, but like all people, do make mistakes every now and then. Feel free to correct me if I do. No pics makes correct ID or even a guess a whole lot tougher.
P.S. I'd like to see this idea open up through several threads for birds from around the world. I only have experience with North American ones, so will leave the other continents to other fellow bird-fans.

Last edited by AlexD; 04-26-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Views: 1,491
04-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Bud. I will use this post for sure. JIM
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
AlexD

Go ahead...

Alex