Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ash's 1st agility trial *warning - non Pentax camera*
Posted By: palmor, 04-27-2009, 04:07 AM

Hi everyone,
Another non Pentax post but like I mentioned before you guys are my real photo community so I'm sharing My wife and our dog had their 1st agility trial this weekend and here are a few shots from it. The lighting conditions were tough, lots of bright sunshine casting harsh shadows.

Overall it was a blast. My wife/dog entered 8 events over the weekend and got two 1st places, one 3rd place and one 4th place finish. The other 4 events went pretty badly It was hit of miss hehe.

All photos taken with a 40D and 70-200L non IS.

First one has to be of our Dog Ash

Views: 1,737
04-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't care what camera was used, those are great shots...

Jim
04-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Palmor,
These are really great shots of dogs in action! I'm jealous though as I could never train my dogs to do anything except come to the food bowl. Maybe the trainer has to be smarter than the trainee. LOL
04-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

ha-ha, it is very merry series!

04-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Indeed those are great action shots. Wow. Imagine how much better they woudl have been with a Pentax haha . Great series well done.
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Great shots, I must say I could not shoot those with my gear! Not fast enough focusing.
04-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the feedback! It was a lot of fun to watch the wife run our dog and see how much fun they were having as well as the shooting I got in.

One kind of strange thing did happen. I had printed that 1st photo of Ash 13x19 and taped it to some poster board to hang his Ribbons on (just as a fun thing to do). Well the photographer covering the event was walking around shooting candids I guess and she stopped by where we were sitting. She saw the photo and said "Oh that is nice" and then took a photo of my photo. I was a little surprised she didn't ask, I assume the candids will just be for the host website or something and not being sold so I don't think that is an issue... I just thought it was strange.

Thanks again!
John

04-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #8

Very nice photos! I like dogs a lot so thanks for sharing. The 5th photo is my favourite. Gotta love that dedicated look :-)

You have an Australian shepard?
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #9

What FUN that must have been to watch...and then to win! Great shots. Don't you love how seriously (yet sweetly clownishly) the dogs take these competitions? I wish people had as much fun in their life as most dogs seem to manage just by jumping into things with total abandon. That's what I love about my furbabies.

Oh and about that "other" camera....I regularly carry one from the dark side myself along with the much beloved K20D. Do they give you a hard time here about posting photos from "other" cameras...even though we consider ourselves REAL Pentaxians? Or is that an oxymoron?
04-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Igilligan

What a great series...

I would be grinning from ear to ear if I had shot those shots. Great color and detail on the fur and 'Action' wow! I imagine you must be smiling too.

Thanks for sharing these.
04-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a nice series Palmor, without exceptions they are all good photographs. As for the "other" camera issue, who cares, it's about photography. Thanks for posting these.
04-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #12

Great shots! I really like the close up on the face in number 3, shows the brain working and having fun. The 40D is a nice camera, looked at it before deciding to stick with Pentax when I dove into the digital realm. Thank you for sharing!

And about the photog that took a snap of your photo/ribbon setup.....you just might have given them an idea for a future product offering!
04-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback again everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
Oh and about that "other" camera....I regularly carry one from the dark side myself along with the much beloved K20D. Do they give you a hard time here about posting photos from "other" cameras...even though we consider ourselves REAL Pentaxians? Or is that an oxymoron?
No, not at all. I just like to to make it clear that it is with another brand camera so there isn't any confusion. I've been a member here long enough that people know I don't post photos from the Canon to slight Pentax in anyway (at least I hope that is the case). It is just the tool that fits that need

John
04-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Thanks for all the feedback again everyone!
No, not at all. I just like to to make it clear that it is with another brand camera so there isn't any confusion. I've been a member here long enough that people know I don't post photos from the Canon to slight Pentax in anyway (at least I hope that is the case). It is just the tool that fits that need
John
Good, I hoped that was the case. I love doing street photos of people but whipping out the K20D tends to put them off a bit so I use my sweet stealth camera (Nikon Coolpix 8400 with articulating LCD screen) which doesn't upset anyone even when they KNOW you are capturing them. It's amazing the things I see on the bus every day! She was totally mesmerized in this position for 30 minutes and never moved a muscle...well except for her thumb!