Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dial in the K20D and it works! Focuses!
Posted By: metroeloise, 04-27-2009, 09:39 PM

Just finally got it dialed in. these are a quick run around to see... Will add some info later on... Excited and wanted to share! It works! It rocks....

Views: 1,326
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
nice pics, my favorite is the first one
04-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
nice pics, my favorite is the first one
Thanks! Mine too of the bunch... In a way...

I posted on my way out to work. Here's the story.

I had put off doing the focus chart test and adjustment. Too many reasons but mostly wanted to see how it was without it (it just came back from Pentax, I figured they would dial it in pretty tight since that was the primary reason it was there) and although it was better it was not knock down holy smoke better. Then i found out about the new firmware upgrade... Got it all done this weekend around my remodeling of the apartment...

Took it out Sunday to do a test run. like a shooting arcade I shot at known hard to hit targets. chocked up the f/stop to 2.8 or wider depending on the lens. Those all came in! I could read signs; i could see detail; I could tell where the focus plain was...

Then Monday evening (I work Graveyard Shift) I was out doing chores and bringing the K20D out for another target testing run... I shot the shoes because I have an upcoming shoe product shoot! (Very excited) and I set her up so I focused on the toe of the further shoe so if the camera was still front focusing I'd see the effect on the other shoe. Focused right where I wanted it... Then I tried faces and leaves.... I have one of a sign where you can see it still front focuses a tad... But this is all so, so much better I am gushing.... Can't wait to go out shooting... Maybe something random this week but mostly it'll wait until the weekend...

Anyway. These are much more sharp. All with my 50mm...

Ciao and thanks so much for looking and the encouragement...
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Damn Brit

I can see the difference, it must have been like putting glasses on for the first time.
Did you feel dizzy?

04-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes!

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I can see the difference, it must have been like putting glasses on for the first time.
Did you feel dizzy?
Great one Gary. It does... have taken all sorts of "Will this one work?" shots...

Of the ones in this thread... Well I like them. But they were all conceived of as tests for focusing, compositions? Not so much... I do think they "work" and all but they have that special extra meaning... Now on to a monitor calibrator... That'll be shocking too I am sure.

Thanks to all for viewing....

04-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those girls looks so genuinely happy, great shooting session I am sure!
04-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Those girls looks so genuinely happy, great shooting session I am sure!
They are! Two are close friends, one of which just got to town on her motorcycle and stop when she saw me... While talking the tin stripped one was walking toward us. I shared with my friend that I was getting better at asking strangers to take their picture and even being directive as to placement and pose! But that women looked alittle twitchy embarrassed. Shortly there she is again.... So? Off I go asking her: "Tell me doesn't have something to do with Aliens?!" And that lead to taking photos and her taking my card in invitation to call for a more...

Unexpected benefits of taking pictures.

Seems that there are many people that love being part of the creative process... The digital camera makes it all so instant... Still alot of work. Just right then too.