Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Celebrity Model Shoot - What a Big Head!!!
Posted By: Venturi, 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM

So I had an opportunity last night to do a publicity shoot with a renowned actor and "cult" celebrity. We got some good shots, but let me tell you - some of these actors really have big heads! Ya know, I almost needed the DA12-24 just to fit that ego in the frame!

Anyway, allow me to introduce you to TIMMY!!!

Yes, yes. I know, he's a doll - quite literally even. He's still got a big head though...

added a bit of splash to the backdrop here.

Star power

Clowning around while I got ready for the next "set".

Some drama from a gridded spot.

Finished up shooting the spot across him from the right and bouncing it back off a bookend.
Views: 3,599
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the effect on the last one..
04-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Dom

Lol and nice set.

Who is he anyway?
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
I like the effect on the last one..
Thanks. The "shoot" started out to test run a new softbox w/ grid I just acquired to see the difference in light characteristics the grid brings. Then I just killed some time playing around with the grids for the AB800. Wanted to see if I could get some fill via bleeding by shooting the 10 degree across the subject into a bookend/fill-card. And yeah, I rather like the "glow" it created - now I gotta pin down the wife and see how it translates to humans...

QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote
Lol and nice set.

Who is he anyway?
"Timmy" is a character on South Park - a very irreverant, sophomoric, and very politically incorrect "story" about a group of fouth graders growing up in Colorado. Timmy happens to be the "token" handicapped child and as such suffers from most maladies commonly known to modern medicine. South Park Studios

04-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote

"Timmy" is a character on South Park - a very irreverant, sophomoric, and very politically incorrect "story" about a group of fouth graders growing up in Colorado. Timmy happens to be the "token" handicapped child and as such suffers from most maladies commonly known to modern medicine. South Park Studios
Thank you, It's been a while since I've seen southpark, we can get it here in blighty.
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #6

Haha, these made me laugh, well done
04-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm glad I could bring a smile to you, Tony. Thanks for the view.