Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My LBA has started......
Posted By: dudlew, 04-18-2007, 09:49 AM

Thanks to Asad Masede (yes I blame you for my LBA ) I have aquired a Pentax DA 50 - 200 lens. As is custom, eventhough time is very scarce for me these days, hera are a few of my first LBA shots taken this morning.

All I have done to these images is resize, slight adjustment to levels and a bit of unsharp mask ( 0.2 pixels at 400% )

So far I am pleased for the very little time that it has been in my possesion. It seems sharper than the kit lens and so far so good!!

When I have the chance, I will put it through some more paces.

D
Views: 1,379
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice pictures! I especially like the second one, the wings are amazing! Looks like you will put this lens to good use!

Carol
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the second one as well, I hope that I'll have my dragon fly chance this year.
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It amazes me how sharp this guy is!

04-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Amazing shots, especially the 2nd.

However these can't be only resized, as their aspect ratio is not 3/2, and in my experience the DA50-200 will not focus that close to a subject (unless those dragonflies are humongous :-). Surely you've cropped them a bit ?
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Duane!

I was wondering when it would get to you, glad it's arrived in good nick.

Heart warming to see LBA shots from a lens I used to own, served me very well when it was my only 200mm lens, your shots show how sharp this baby can be, priceless little travel zoom too.

couple of my favorite images from that lens are:

Cheers!
-Asad
04-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Nice pictures! I especially like the second one, the wings are amazing! Looks like you will put this lens to good use!

Carol
Thanks Carol, I hope so. Things are so hectic for me these days, what with work and planning my wedding, I just have such a small amount of time to take pictures. Hopefully, this would change after a while and I would at least have time to take some good shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I like the second one as well, I hope that I'll have my dragon fly chance this year.
Thanks little laker, I am sure you will. I actually understand the reason for a lens like this. I would not have gotten these shots with the kit lens for sure unless the dragonfly was dead or sleeping.

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
It amazes me how sharp this guy is!
Thanks FotoPete, it does seem pretty sharp. The images also seem to take to sharpening quite well, which means, to me at least, that there is detail there.

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Amazing shots, especially the 2nd.

However these can't be only resized, as their aspect ratio is not 3/2, and in my experience the DA50-200 will not focus that close to a subject (unless those dragonflies are humongous :-). Surely you've cropped them a bit ?
You are right, I did crop them. Forgot to add that info

QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote
Hi Duane!

I was wondering when it would get to you, glad it's arrived in good nick.

Heart warming to see LBA shots from a lens I used to own, served me very well when it was my only 200mm lens, your shots show how sharp this baby can be, priceless little travel zoom too.

Cheers!
-Asad
Thanks Asad, I actually got it yesterday, but time is my biggest foe right now. I got the chance to take these from a little low period at work, so I jumped at the opportunity.

Your shots are great Asad. I hope to be able to match that quality in composition and style one day!

D