Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Model Photographer goes outside his bubble...
Posted By: codiac2600, 05-07-2009, 07:38 PM

I've shot children for events like the march of dimes or for families with loved ones in Iraq, but a personal session with one child and her mother... ya, not my thing.

I'm used to processing things for weddings and magazines but to process for young children and mothers is something new and this is my take on what I see the big boys doing until I find a style of my own that I feel comfortable with.

Let me know what you think and some of the photos are centered but man kids are quick and I couldn't help but rely on sport style shooting vs. composition as expression matter more to me from a child than other things.

These are my fav's

Views: 4,459
05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now that is a great series Chris - DOF, etc. is a winning set. Tough lighting too!!!

Regards,
Marc

05-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You did very good
05-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Those are quite good. I find it very difficult to shoot children (and have little patience, which is probably part of it); you have gotten into the mood quite well.

My son has been using a pro photographer to shoot his kids for the last few years. This guy does excellent work and interestingly enough, it is almost all in B&W. Besides his photo/kid skills, his prints are very crisp and the absence of color takes the viewer's eye right to the subject. They are shot in interior/exterior settings (no backdrop) and are very good. You might want to try B&W and see how it works.
05-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chris, I think these shots are great. It's not easy to capture children just right, just about anything distracts them. I have 3 young ones (5, 3 and 1) and just try and get them to all look at you at the same time and smile.

05-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Chris, outside your bubble eh? These are very good photographs, taken in an environment where the child was comfortable and that shows. A whole bunch better than what we did 50 some odd years ago , in the studio the kid laying or sitting on a sheep skin under hot tungsten lights.............