Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Monolith
Posted By: er1kksen, 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM

There's a lakefront property nearby where there was, earlier in the last century, a monastary of sorts. It's gone, but some of the paved foundations and fences remain, along with this tall, unusual concrete shape. I have no idea what the purpose of this structure was, but with the moss in the foreground it certainly made for an excellent photo.

Large: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/orcrist/temp/esd96407_-_copy.jpg

K20D with A 35-70 3.5-5.6 (stopped down to f14 because it's an awful lens ) almost no PP (can't do any on this machine).

Like it? Hate it? Let me know, I didn't get any feedback on my last photo posting.

Last edited by er1kksen; 05-08-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Views: 1,770
05-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shooting directly into the sun is extremely difficult. would have to see the larger version as there is little to define here. Keep them coming. JIM
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
There's actually a link to a full-size version right under the photo, if you'd like.

Shooting directly into the sun can be difficult to work with (it contradicts my instinct to retain the highlights, at least) but I find myself doing it for a lot of my favorite shots, it seems. When it works out, the results are often very rewarding. That particular sort of lighting just really does it for me. I have a very similar photo from my pre-pentax days, actually: