Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
So Sue Me . . . . .
Posted By: Sailor, 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM

. . . . . . but here I've posted pictures of -- flowers. To compound my offense, I used that most bourgeois of lenses, my DA 18-250. Awww, I'm being too sarcastic. I drove over to a local wetland hoping to shoot some coastal birds - but aside from a few grackles (my nemeses), not a bird in sight or on site. So I grabbed these pictures of some yellow flowers growing along the walkway. Nothing special, but the boat's under repair and we're stuck at home for the weekend so I needed to shoot something!

Jer

Views: 1,668
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I'll be suing your state to regain possesion of my state's flower (those are California poppies in the last frame arent they?)

In the mean time, I'll support any and all flower posts since they're so damn pretty (and I'm guilty of more than my share of flower shots lately).
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jer, from where I sit please feel free to post all the flower shots you want. Flowers are pretty things and it does not always have to be award winning photography to be enjoyed. Thanks for posting these very pretty images,
05-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm all for flower shots, I enjoy them and this was a nice set. I know what you mean about "needed to shoot something!"

05-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Jer, just think of them as "naked sex organs" and you will feel a lot better! And don't feel bad about the boat being in, it's been in the 50's and 60's here and spitting rain off and on for 3 weeks!

BTW good shots!

NaCl(and I too can ID about shooting something... have you seen my boss around?)H2O
05-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Stop doing these damn great photo's of flowers! I want boats! JIM
05-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The colour is stunningly rich and beautiful

Congradulation on this new lens!

05-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Well, I'll be suing your state to regain possesion of my state's flower (those are California poppies in the last frame arent they?)

In the mean time, I'll support any and all flower posts since they're so damn pretty (and I'm guilty of more than my share of flower shots lately).
Thanks, Josh. In truth, I actually don't shoot many flowers and don't the names of one from another. Still, it's hard to resist the intense colors of flowers this time of year - even here where flowers of one kind or another are blooming all year.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Jer, from where I sit please feel free to post all the flower shots you want. Flowers are pretty things and it does not always have to be award winning photography to be enjoyed. Thanks for posting these very pretty images,
Many thanks for the kind words, Heinrich.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
I'm all for flower shots, I enjoy them and this was a nice set. I know what you mean about "needed to shoot something!"
Thanks much, Tim. Yeah, it was late afternoon and I just needed to grab my camera.

Jer
05-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #9
Veteran Member

That is an underrated lens for sure - nice colors , noce shots. I will sart the classaction proceedings in another thread
05-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hey Jer, just think of them as "naked sex organs" and you will feel a lot better! And don't feel bad about the boat being in, it's been in the 50's and 60's here and spitting rain off and on for 3 weeks!

BTW good shots!

NaCl(and I too can ID about shooting something... have you seen my boss around?)H2O
Geez, never thought of them that way, but - hey - your the expert! I appreciate it, old friend.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Stop doing these damn great photo's of flowers! I want boats! JIM
As soon as the bimini is repaired and some electronic problems resolved (hey, it's a boat after all), you'll be seeing lots of pictures of boats and coastal life. Thanks, buddy.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The colour is stunningly rich and beautiful

Congradulation on this new lens!
Thanks, James. Actually, I've had this lens for about a year - I use a fair amount when I'm too lazy to juggle around my primes.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Jer
05-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
That is an underrated lens for sure - nice colors , noce shots. I will sart the classaction proceedings in another thread
Thanks, Dave. Before you pay all those lawyer fees, remember that you can't squeeze blood from a rock.

Jer