Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Raffling off a print
Posted By: Jimbo, 05-13-2009, 12:06 PM

Each year a customer of mine holds a golf tournament in Edmonton where about 140 people attend. During the tourament they raise money for the Canadian Heart and Lung Association. This year I will be supplying the attached print [20"x32"] framed which they will raffle off with all proceeds going to their charity. They are hoping to raise close to a $1000.00. I sent in 20 pictures for them to choose from and this is the one they decided on. The print turned out beautiful and is now getting framed. I was lucky on the framing as my company said they would cover the cost. I covered the cost of the print. Cheers JIM

Views: 5,816
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I agree, John, I have been trying to print more and larger. Jim, my wife bugs me for flower shots, too!

05-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a beautiful shot, love how the clouds are low hanging on the mountains and the reflection in the small lake. My sister is curator for Lundy's Lane Museum in Niagara Falls Canada and to help fund construction of an addition to the building they held a silent auction. I donated a couple of my better shots and helped them to make a little extra. Would be nice if my work would generate $1000 though but I'm lightyears from that still. Good luck with the charity work.
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
That's a beautiful shot, love how the clouds are low hanging on the mountains and the reflection in the small lake. My sister is curator for Lundy's Lane Museum in Niagara Falls Canada and to help fund construction of an addition to the building they held a silent auction. I donated a couple of my better shots and helped them to make a little extra. Would be nice if my work would generate $1000 though but I'm lightyears from that still. Good luck with the charity work.
Thanks Mike. I just picked up the framed print and its look great. Now I have to get it packaged to ship to Edmonton tomorrow. Cheers JIM
05-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well done Jimbo your heart is gold,and a splendid landscape portrait

cheers

05-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #20
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
good shot and even better purpose.
Well done
05-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Great cause, Jim! Love the shot! Reflection of the cloud looks almost more powerful than the real one
05-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Well done Jimbo your heart is gold,and a splendid landscape portrait
Thank you Ivan. Its about time I give something back for being as lucky as I have been over the years! JIM

QuoteQuote:
good shot and even better purpose.
Well done
Thanks Peter. My customer has been raising moneyt at his tournament for years and I watched as others stepped up and donated. I thought it was my time! JIM

[QUOTE][Great cause, Jim! Love the shot! Reflection of the cloud looks almost more powerful than the real one /QUOTE]

I agree Georg. The cloud inthe water stand sout more in the print too. It was the lighting off the water and good timing. I tried to match the cloud in the sky but it looked fake so it is what it is. The print turned out beautiful. I will get a picture of the winner and post! JIM

05-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Well done Jim

Cheers

Neil
05-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Well done Jim

Cheers

Neil
Thanks Neil. Cheers JIM
05-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Good karma Jimbo. Giving is the real gift.
Beautiful shot...it will look great hanging on the winners wall.
05-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Good karma Jimbo. Giving is the real gift.
Beautiful shot...it will look great hanging on the winners wall.
Thank you bud! I will take and picture of the winner and post here. The tournamant is on June 18th. JIM