Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
OK, This might be fun....
Posted By: dudlew, 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM

I decided to fool around yesterday and add my add-on macro lens to my new 50 - 200 lens. I was expecting the focus distance to be similar to the focus distance of the lens....... I did not expect that I would have been able to get as close as I did.

Look at what I mean..

I shot a measuring tape to see what sought of areea this combo covered:

seeing that I could get an area that small, I decided to shoot these other little things.

Injury:

Dying leaf:

Twig stump:

Abstract:

And three of the Brasilia plant:

I also shot this one without the macro attachment:

Hope you enjoyed.

D
Views: 2,023
04-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice dudlew

I've been avoiding buying the add on macro lenses, thinking that they'd cause some extra distortion. I might have to put them back on my list now.
04-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice ! Which add-on lens is that ? I'm looking for something of the sort to tide me over until I can get my hands on a real macro lens.
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

More fine images, Duane, very nice.

Some of these look like they were flashed, what kind of setup was it? Unless I'm mistaken.

Cheers!
-Asad

04-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Very nice dudlew

I've been avoiding buying the add on macro lenses, thinking that they'd cause some extra distortion. I might have to put them back on my list now.
Thanks little laker,

In my case, it has been fun. I had heard alot about these lenses (in particular the Raynox DCR 150 and 250) when I was a part of the Fuji talk forum on DPreview. I had seen some good shots with it and figured that at US$36 it was worth a try. It sure has turned out to be worth it.

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Very nice ! Which add-on lens is that ? I'm looking for something of the sort to tide me over until I can get my hands on a real macro lens.
Glad you liked them! Its the Raynox DCR-150, and it is cheap too!!! One of the reasons I bought it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote
More fine images, Duane, very nice.

Some of these look like they were flashed, what kind of setup was it? Unless I'm mistaken.

Cheers!
-Asad
No flash, all natural light. It seems with this zoom range and this lens, the depth of field is remarkably thin, leaving a really blurred background.

D
04-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dudlew Quote
Glad you liked them! Its the Raynox DCR-150, and it is cheap too!!! One of the reasons I bought it.
Ha-ha! I own a DCR-250 :-) I need to play with it some more (especially at focal lengths < 200mm), but my quick tests seemed to make it almost unusable due to the paper-thin DOF.