Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A few Images with the kit lens...
Posted By: HogRider, 04-20-2007, 08:25 PM

Once in a while I just put the kit lens on my DL and I am always pleasantly surprised about the sharpness of such a cheap lens. The little bit of vignetting at 18mm is so easily fixed in PP. The kit lens together with the DL/DS is such a small light weight combo. Even after owning the K10D for a while it feels good to return to the basics :-)

Couple of pictures from a ride I took 2 weeks ago:

Cholla Flower

Desertscape HDR (handheld from 3)

Charger 500

Louvers

Pinky 59'

Candy Apple Red

Flat Black is beautiful

Views: 2,276
04-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Louvres and motorcycle - my faves. Great shots!

Funny how a lot of people mention that the vignetting of the kit lens can be corrected but I haven't found a thread that explains how.
Thanks.

The vignetting with the kit lens is usually seen on even backgrounds (blue sky etc) when using it at 18mm. I crop a lot of pictures so there is one way to fix it. If I want the whole picture I use either the clone brush or a lighten/dodge tool. It only takes a few seconds.