Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunday drive near Mt Rainier.
Posted By: jack56, 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM

OK, here are some pics taken with the Pentax K10D of Mt Rainier.
I've noticed a bit of "noise" in the sky shots with the Nikon P90 that I also used and used PureImage to clean it up. Then they look great.
I"m a little disappointed in that as there should be NO noise at 100 ISO.
With the Pentax K10D, there was no noise at all and didn't need any cleaning up.
Maybe this is the DSLR difference...

Views: 1,792
05-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series - snow covered mountains and the lush green fields. Well done.
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series - snow covered mountains and the lush green fields. Well done.
Thanks Dave... I will be coming up to Edmonton to visit a friend in two weeks.
The wife and I are taking a photo ops vacation and are going through Jasper, then down to Calgary (after Edmonton) and then to Glacier National Park in Montana.
We leave on June 6th.
05-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jack56 Quote
Thanks Dave... I will be coming up to Edmonton to visit a friend in two weeks.
The wife and I are taking a photo ops vacation and are going through Jasper, then down to Calgary (after Edmonton) and then to Glacier National Park in Montana.
We leave on June 6th.
What a great trip Jack! I'm envious.
Look out you dont get ambushed in Edmonton

Enjoyed these shots too, I'm a bit of a softy for lakes, big trees & snow covered mountains.

Cheers
Grant

05-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice shots. Really like no 4, the gradations in colour, shape and landscape shapes, makes this shot stand out for me.

JMR
05-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Nice shots, but I hate you for making me home sick. Not really. I'm home sick for what was, not what is. When I was a young sprout Washington was a dreamland. I hate what the mass migration has done to my great home state.

Rodney...
05-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldphoto678 Quote
Nice shots, but I hate you for making me home sick. Not really. I'm home sick for what was, not what is. When I was a young sprout Washington was a dreamland. I hate what the mass migration has done to my great home state.

Rodney...
Seconded! Though I do get to go visit on a fairly regular basis

Great shots of our favorite sleeping giant, too...

Jim

05-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #8

Very nice scenics. Very cute pic of the young lady, however I always ask them to take the sun glasses off. As the father of three grown daughters, I get the "look", but eyes add so much to any photo, rather than fashion sunglasses.
05-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Seconded! Though I do get to go visit on a fairly regular basis

Great shots of our favorite sleeping giant, too...

Jim
Hi Jim- The last time I got to visit was in 94 when I was teaching pastry classes in Portland. I used to live in Federal Way long before I-5 Or the SeaTac mall. Auburn, Kent, and Renton were just sleepy little farm towns, and Federal Way had just one traffic light at 312th & 99. Still, what a great place to have lived.

Rodney...
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #10

Original Poster
Hi Jim- The last time I got to visit was in 94 when I was teaching pastry classes in Portland. I used to live in Federal Way long before I-5 Or the SeaTac mall. Auburn, Kent, and Renton were just sleepy little farm towns, and Federal Way had just one traffic light at 312th & 99. Still, what a great place to have lived.

Rodney...
Wow! How old are you anyway???
I lived in Federal Way back in my college days in 1974-1978 and the mall was there then as well as many lights.

BTW, my wife, (in photo with sunglasses) works at the USBank on that same corner you mentioned, 312th & hwy99.

Small world.
05-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Rodney...
I lived in Federal Way back in my college days in 1974-1978 and the mall was there then as well as many lights.

BTW, my wife, (in photo with sunglasses) works at the USBank on that same corner you mentioned, 312th & hwy99.

Small world.
Grew up in Lynnwood ('burbs north of Seattle for those who don't know but might care), finished a Geology degree from the U-Dub in '83, and went into the Air Force for a dozen years or so. Now I'm (still) in Nebraska, but I still get to go back and visit the family. Going back next month, as a matter of fact. Should I take & post some more pics to make other ex-pats homesick? <GRIN>

There are so many places that used to be farms and forest, that are now suburbia and shopping malls. It really is a shame. On hte other hand, if I had the opportunity I might move back myself, even with all those danged "imports" living there.

Jim
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Small world.
We must be close in age if you went to college in 74. I was 20. I got out of the military in April 75 and the mall was just getting ready to or just had opened. So you see I'm not that old, but we moved from West Seattle to Federal Way in 56. I went to Federal Way high, and then TJ on 288th. Your right....Small world!!!

Rodney...