Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Zoo (Tiger) shots
Posted By: Adam, 04-21-2007, 05:09 PM

I went down the the Phoenix Zoo with my latest arrival today (FA* 200mm) and came up with a few nice photos They're nothing spectacular, so I'm not making a gallery, but C&C is still appreciated. Thanks for looking!

P.S. I increased JPG compression to 8 so they might not appear that sharp...

Attached Images

Views: 2,394
04-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
4th is vedy vedy nice. all of the shots are great but that one sticks out.
04-22-2007, 04:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shots!, The colors on 3 and 4 are fantastic, but really like the capture of 5

Regards,
D
04-22-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The exposure and post processing are very well done but the compositions are a bit static. Every animal but the tiger in #3 appears to be smack dab in the middle of the picture. I suggest you take a look at LanceB's zoo pictures for some compositional ideas Taronga Zoo 18/02/2006 Photo Gallery by Lance Blackburn at pbase.com.

Here are a couple I took that also might get you thinking.

Tim

04-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like #1 and #5.
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
The exposure and post processing are very well done but the compositions are a bit static. Every animal but the tiger in #3 appears to be smack dab in the middle of the picture. I suggest you take a look at LanceB's zoo pictures for some compositional ideas Taronga Zoo 18/02/2006 Photo Gallery by Lance Blackburn at pbase.com.

Here are a couple I took that also might get you thinking.

Tim
I definitely agree that the composition needs fixing, but it was quite hard to capture the tiger through the metal bars in the first place. The pics are pretty must straight from the camera, though

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: