Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The city I love
Posted By: jmbradd, 05-20-2009, 10:22 PM

took a walk tonight. Not all that pleased with what I got (mostly because the city blocks sunset light) but I think these pictures are at least flickr worthy though i'm not sure if i'll put any into my gallery. What do you think?

Statue

on flickr I titled this "dark lust or feeling not so fresh?" I know its under exposed but I think it gives it a little more mystique.

Foreshortening?

i'm trying to learn better composition and different composition techniques...do I appear to understand foreshortening?

Koin Tower

anyone want to try their hand at post proccessing this? I can give you a full size file if you're interested. I got frustrated because when I corrected with ptlens to get straight lines, it resulted in a need to crop too much off the top to maintain aspect ratio. This one really is just straight from body and saved for web in photoshop.

thank you for viewing and thank you for commenting if you feel so inclined. One of the reasons I post a lot of photos here is so I can get feedback. Every photo I take I want to learn something from!
Views: 1,419
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
#1: The perspective isn't very original; just straight on. Perhaps try from below.
#2: Such compositions usually work better with horizontal pictures.
#3: Would have been better if it was fully symmetric, well spotted though.
05-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the notes.

I think you're right on all points. My goal was an upward perspective on the statue but in hindsight it does look fairly straight on. I think laying down would have improved that shot dramatically.

As far as symetry goes definantly, its basically required to make that shot. I tried to line it up as best as I could but as you can see, I failed

ps. How about a gelled flash illuminating the lower left hand side? I think that could be interesting!
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
ps. How about a gelled flash illuminating the lower left hand side? I think that could be interesting!
You mean for the statue? That sounds interesting, but I think it's more important to find a better perspective/composition.

Good luck with it

05-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
You mean for the statue? That sounds interesting, but I think it's more important to find a better perspective/composition.

Good luck with it
yeah I love getting a low perspective with upward facing lights, guess I just wasn't willing to lay down to make that happen this time (the statue is right out infront of an office building)

Thanks for the tips again, i'm trying to find new and unique compositions and I these definantly aren't there