Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Kemah Boardwalk - Seven Snapshots
Posted By: Sailor, 05-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Last Wednesday, I took some mid-afternoon time off from my boat labors to do some shooting at the Boardwalk in Kemah TX when few people would be around. Here are some pictures I grabbed - all were with DA 15 except for the Pharoah ride (DA 35) and the Coke sign (DA 70). It was a beautiful bright day with the lowest humidity we're likely to see until sometime next November!

Jer

Views: 1,981
05-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very cool shots. like the b&w conversions. rich and works well with the compositions.

can feel the pressure of Summer coming on and the crowds getting ready to fill those streets...

Thanks for the share.
05-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks much. Yeah, this place can be jumpin' on weekend and summer weekdays - which brings opportunities for different sorts of photography.

Jer
05-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #4

We were there last summer during our family trip to Houston-Galveston area. The place is very lively and lots of photo opportunities. Nice series and thanks for sharing.

05-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series the colors really pop on that 15. I love the last one could be from circa 1950 almost expect the little Beaver to come running out.
05-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Great shots, Jer! You're right, I've never seen the place empty like that. It's always hopping when we go there.

You did a good job of capturing it, especially given the bright lighting.
05-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Great series Bud. Some of your best work! JIM

05-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edicon Quote
We were there last summer during our family trip to Houston-Galveston area. The place is very lively and lots of photo opportunities. Nice series and thanks for sharing.
Glad I brought back some memories.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series the colors really pop on that 15. I love the last one could be from circa 1950 almost expect the little Beaver to come running out.
Thanks, buddy. The last one makes me think of Brodrick Crawford and Highway Patrol.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Great shots, Jer! You're right, I've never seen the place empty like that. It's always hopping when we go there.

You did a good job of capturing it, especially given the bright lighting.
Thanks, Russ. The night following this, we were at Rock the Dock and it was jammed - I just wish the band had been better. This band featured the usual guitar players who jump up and down a lot but do little else.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great series Bud. Some of your best work! JIM
Geez, old friend, these are very kind words. I really appreciate them.

Jer
05-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Whadda ya mean you took some mid-afternoon time off? Who authorized that? Oh, I forgot, you're retired and you can do what you want. Love the shot of the police car -- think it is a 1953 model. My Dad purchased a 1953 Chevy (I was 10 at the time) that was made for the police department, but it came too late in the model year, and they wouldn't accept it, so my Dad bought it -- at a pretty good discount. It did not come from the factory with inside rear door handles (so prisoners could not get out), and the dealer installed them.
05-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Whadda ya mean you took some mid-afternoon time off? Who authorized that? Oh, I forgot, you're retired and you can do what you want. Love the shot of the police car -- think it is a 1953 model. My Dad purchased a 1953 Chevy (I was 10 at the time) that was made for the police department, but it came too late in the model year, and they wouldn't accept it, so my Dad bought it -- at a pretty good discount. It did not come from the factory with inside rear door handles (so prisoners could not get out), and the dealer installed them.
I was seven in '53 and my Dad drove Dodges during that period, but my wife - before I knew her - drove a '54 Chev in the early '60's and actually "ran it" at a Nashville Illinois dragstrip. It was a six banger, so I'm sure her races were pretty leasurely!

Jer
05-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I love these shots, vivid colours, good B%W conversions, and wide angles I always like!
05-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Great shots mate.. colours are popping

Neil
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I love these shots, vivid colours, good B%W conversions, and wide angles I always like!
Thanks, Georg, for you kind words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Great shots mate.. colours are popping

Neil
I appreciate your comments, Neil.

Jer