Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Which is the best B&W pic ?
Posted By: guillermovilas, 04-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Which do you prefer ? I`m comparing "Bibble Lite" with "Picasa"

Attached Images

Views: 1,591
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Personally I think the one on the right is better. I think the left one is just a bit too contrast and the detail is washed out on his forehead and right cheek.
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I also think that your right-side photo is the better one. If you have placed them in the respective positions of your two mentioned programs - then Picasa did a much better job.
04-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yes i must say i`m pretty impressed with "Picasa", it`s amazing what you can do with this free and very simple soft.

04-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #5

I have no idea which one is "right" and which is "left" since on my 1024x768 laptop they're rather "upper" and "lower" ones, but I personally like the contrastier one, presumably it's the bibble one. I know it's overblown and picasa one is more natural but I just happen to like the first one.
04-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The first one is better, but both actually need improvement: I suppose you have used default conversion parameters? Would you please post color version with identical same size, JPEG quality 10 and no sharpening. I'd like to try converting in Photoshop just to see how it would compare to Bibble and Picasa.
04-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Glisin Quote
The first one is better, but both actually need improvement: I suppose you have used default conversion parameters? Would you please post color version with identical same size, JPEG quality 10 and no sharpening. I'd like to try converting in Photoshop just to see how it would compare to Bibble and Picasa.
Sorry no can do , i`ve allready converted it to B&W (don`t keep original colour).
I`ll post some other pic soon and we`ll compare , interesting idea you got there,

Thanks