Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Looking down on a Texas Blue Bonnet.
Posted By: jbrowning, 05-25-2009, 06:44 PM

I spent Sunday and Monday working on a friends garden digging it up for her. She had a stroke a few years back and even though 99.99 percent of the time you would never know. I would never forgive myself if she had another stroke while she was out digging up her garden. So before the rains came in today I went and was looking at her Texas Blue Bonnets. I was able to get this image. This is looking down on the flower while focusing on the pedals. She has purple, pink and orange ones. The purple ones have more color than the other two colors. I will be doing more pictures on these flowers. I'm thinking a polarizer would make the colors pop even more.

K20D, Sigma 17-70mm Macro, Focal Length 70mm, Shutter Speed 1/60th, Aperture f/4.5, ISO 100

Thanks
Jim
Views: 856
05-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice and creative shot! Very different from the "usual" shot (and that's a good thing).
05-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Very nice and creative shot! Very different from the "usual" shot (and that's a good thing).

Thanks rfortson, yeah I was looking for something different and the ground was way too wet to lay down on and try to shoot from below.

Thanks
Jim