Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bicycle Race: Tour of Somerville
Posted By: johnmflores, 05-25-2009, 08:40 PM

It's the oldest bike race in the United States and takes place in my hometown! Here are some shots from a great afternoon of racing....

Views: 1,801
05-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Brilliant and brilliant. Have nothing more to say
05-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow, that last one looks like you nearly got a cyclist in your lap! They're all great shots, I've never got any that pleased me. Just don't have the patience and timing. Nice job. Brings back memories, that's for sure... of road rash!

Julie
05-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An excellent series! On the first and the second it is pleasant to me as movement is transferred. On last shot the interesting moment of struggle, it is probable before falling of one of them!?

05-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Colorful and exciting captures.

Jer
05-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Outstanding shots John.

I'm planning on shooting the CSC Invitational, USA Cycling National Race at Clarendon in Arlington, VA this Saturday and the Air Force Cycling Classic Crystal Ride at the Pentagon and Crystal City, Arlington, VA on Sunday.

Mike
05-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Wow, that last one looks like you nearly got a cyclist in your lap! They're all great shots, I've never got any that pleased me. Just don't have the patience and timing. Nice job. Brings back memories, that's for sure... of road rash!

Julie
They made it through safely LOL! And I was hiding behind a telephone pole for safety!

thx all!

05-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
They made it through safely LOL! And I was hiding behind a telephone pole for safety!
Ah, so that's your secret! I'll have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing - both the secret and the photos.
05-27-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Ah, so that's your secret! I'll have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing - both the secret and the photos.
That and not believing what everyone says about the K20d not being fast enough! Maybe it depends on where you're coming from; in my case, I 2004 Nikon D70 that could snap off three shots and then had to take a nap! The K20d is a rocketship in comparison.

If anyone's interested, I'm posting more pics on my Flickr account. Click here for the slideshow:

2009 Tour of Somerville