Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
This is LA Part 1
Posted By: sealonsf, 06-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Just a few shots from my recent trip to Los Angeles.

LA County Art Museum:

View from our hotel window:

Hotel corridor:

Like father, like son:

Views: 2,227
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You captured a great moment in no. 4, and the composition is perfect!
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Damn Brit

I really like #1, great abstract image with great colours.
06-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #4

sealonsf

I, daresay, the inital three(3) shots are befitting of placement in the first shot and the
last shot, IMHO, could be cropped tighter but works extremely well, regardless, of the
croop

Cheers,

Jack

06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
#2 exactly epotomizes LA for me - Perfect capture. (it's the third world down there IMHO - but with surfing)...
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
and
Veteran Member

nice series, I like the first one for the simple 3 color composition, the red looks very nice
06-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

LA is one great big playground ,heres to more of the same

cheers

06-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
LA is one great big playground ,heres to more of the same
Yes, you are SO right! I lived there for 12 years.

While I was there I experienced wild fires, floods, earthquakes (I was 3 miles from Northridge epicenter), freeway shootings, Rodney King riots, OJ-style sensationalism, the threat of further riots, mudslides, killer bees crossing the border, rampant car jackings, 11 miles an hour at rush hour (and rush hour was more like rush hours).

I wasn't exactly a degenerate. I owned my own business, drove a nice car and kept my nose clean. Still, I had cops aiming their guns at my head during routine traffic stops.

But the worst? The worst was my friends coming out and wanting to go to Universal or Disney at the height of the season.

Arghhh.

Yes, one great big playground. THAT's how I would describe it! Ever since I left I've been SEARCHING for those words to describe it!

That said, I love #1. LACMA was one of the good things about LA. Hope you had a good time sealonsf, and am ever gladder to see that you made it back in one piece.

Cheers.

woof!
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
LA

I also lived in LA for awhile - 6 years - so I know what you mean. Had cops knock on my door in the wee hours - they had surrounded our tiny house thinking we were someone else. Another time, stopped by the cops and asked to duck in our car because of a disturbed man they had cornered, firing out his window. The Night Stalker mass murderer was doing his thing, people were shooting at each other on the freeways - lots to keep you on your toes.

But visiting now, I have a blast and only do the things I love about LA.

Here are just a few more. I love the Farmer's Market and Griffith Observatory.

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Yes, you are SO right! I lived there for 12 years.

While I was there I experienced wild fires, floods, earthquakes (I was 3 miles from Northridge epicenter), freeway shootings, Rodney King riots, OJ-style sensationalism, the threat of further riots, mudslides, killer bees crossing the border, rampant car jackings, 11 miles an hour at rush hour (and rush hour was more like rush hours).

I wasn't exactly a degenerate. I owned my own business, drove a nice car and kept my nose clean. Still, I had cops aiming their guns at my head during routine traffic stops.

But the worst? The worst was my friends coming out and wanting to go to Universal or Disney at the height of the season.

Arghhh.

Yes, one great big playground. THAT's how I would describe it! Ever since I left I've been SEARCHING for those words to describe it!

That said, I love #1. LACMA was one of the good things about LA. Hope you had a good time sealonsf, and am ever gladder to see that you made it back in one piece.

Cheers.

woof!
Attached Images

06-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Here are just a few more. I love the Farmer's Market and Griffith Observatory.
Understood and agreed. It would be fun to go back.

I'd take a nice long drive over Kanan Dume from the valley side to Malibu and spend the day at Zuma / Point Dume. Then down the PCH for lunch at Alice's and then on to Venice for the freak show, visiting (the old) Getty along the way.

Eat dinner at the King's Head in Santa Monica and take a stroll on the pier with my honey, then drive up to Mullholland via the Sepulveda pass for a spirited drive and stop at ALL of the turn-outs and look at the light show. Time it just right so as to catch part of the show down at the other end drifting up from the Hollywood Bowl...

Heh. Wow. There are some things I miss. Griffith Observatory was always a great place... nice photos.

woof!
06-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great series - #1 and #3 are really impressive.

Jer
06-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice shots. I love #1 and the last one. Nice stories on LA - the population of that city is probably close to 1/3 of our country and that would be the 'offical' numbers.