Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dog Agility Poster
Posted By: palmor, 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi everyone,
So one of the things I was thinking of was sort of a "sports poster" for Dog Agility. I thought these might be a little different then the standard prints and could entice people with a ton of photos of the their dogs to purchase one. This is just a 1st pass at this but I thought I'd get your opinions

In the little empty spot on the right (in between the 3 photos) I thought I could put any special accomplishments the dog may have gotten (1st place ribbons, special awards ect).

Thanks
John
Views: 3,474
06-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Damn Brit

That looks great John, you've obviously put thought into this. I'm sure that you will tweak it more, that usually happens but I can't think of any improvements off the top of my head.
06-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Second Gary's comments!!! Nice layout.

Unfortunately I shave my head, so there's nothing "off the top" I can offer John...

EDIT: what about the right side- the color images - perhaps shift them slightly so the B&W background isn't quite so prominent on the middle right area? I am just thinking about trying both ways and see what you think.

Cheers,
Marc
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice idea. I shot my club's Schutzhund trial and burned each competitor a disc with photos of their dogs working. They wanted to give me money but it was my contribution to the club. The point is that folks who are into this type of sport would probably buy a nice poster like this.

06-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #5

Great idea. It should attract a lot of attention.
I'm just curious on the "Insert Dogs Name" part. Will you insert the dog's name vertically? Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be better horizontally. You certainly want the dog's name to be prominent, and I think having it vertically takes away from that ‘instant recognition’.

Having said that, you’d then have to adjust the layout a bit to make room for a horizontal name and to avoid excessive negative space above and below.

Hope I’m not causing more trouble than help,
Paul
06-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote

Unfortunately I shave my head, so there's nothing "off the top" I can offer John...
Sorry to hijack your thread John but I can't let this one pass.

Marc, first time I saw your pic i said to myself "That Marc Langille would make a great Bond villain.
06-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Sorry to hijack your thread John but I can't let this one pass.

Marc, first time I saw your pic i said to myself "That Marc Langille would make a great Bond villain.
Yes, my dark side... actually I did perform in theatre...

Now let's see... <as Marc rummages into his little black book> Two cheeky comments in less than a week... hmmm....

That means Gary is doing well and on form!!!

Cheers,
Marc

06-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Damn Brit

I am formally handing John his thread back.
06-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Fabulous set of shots. Definitely agility is the word here.
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies/suggestions everyone. I'm going to work on this some more and see if I can tweak it.

John
06-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks for the latest Pentax K-9 photos

Nice shots.. great layout

Neil