Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
walls and colors, #3
Posted By: aabram, 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM

I haven't had much time to walk around with camera lately so I processed some earlier pics. All are a bit different from each other. All clickable.
Btw, first one is worth checking out fullsize, smaller size doesn't do the textures a justice. Other two probably only appeal to abstract lovers, but strangely enough I do like them.

Views: 1,297
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #2

Excellent material here! I love studies of textures and you've found very interesting subjects here.

The subtlety of textures and shades in #1 is very beautiful, esp. when contrasted with a strong object and shadow. That really helps make a bold statement.

Ditto with #2 which I absolutely love. While complete and beautiful in itself, it also invites one to imagine what lies beyond the frame... just as a good abstract should.

#3 is interesting to me because of the suggestion of motion and violence. The abrupt change is also striking.

Nice work!
04-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aabram, I love all of your walls. The first is stunning! Excellent capture. The second is nice but it doesn't speak to me much. Btw I like it better rotated 90 to the left!
My favorite is the third. Reminds me of breaking surf, great colors, textures, and just a wonderful overall feel.

NaCl(thanks for sharing as always)H2O
04-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks, glad to see there are folks out there who appreciate same things as myself.

I like how the first one turned out in terms of color and texture. I didn't notice that the wall had such an erratic texture before I proccessed it. On the street I mainly wanted to capture the lantern but now I find that background is even more fascinating than the main subject.

Second one I like purely because of the color. I admit, it wasn't that yellow in the first place but I tweaked until it matched my inner like-o-meter readings. I still don't know what is/was the purpose of that thing, I is on the outer wall of one old building on very narrow street. Perhaps there's something inside that reqiures construction through the rest of the wall.

And third one is the bizarrest of them, when I look from afar I can clearly see waves hitting the shore and throwing seafoam up in the air, with sand flying and all. But second later when I look close I see uninteresting splotches only. I'm still glad I noticed that particular wall and snapped couple of shots.

04-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You are right about viewing them full-sized, it really shows the texture. These are great abstracts. I agree with Salty, the first is stunning, the third is my favorite (I also see the breaking surf). I would probably like the second a lot more if it didn't have so much fantastic composition!

I've been looking at the walls around here, but none of them spark an interest.

Thank you for sharing these images.

Carol
04-27-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Why no one makes walls like that here?