Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Landscapes! Wide and Telephoto. [10x800res in two posts]
Posted By: Asad_Masede, 04-25-2007, 03:16 PM

I've been shooting landscapes but not posting or uploading them, thought I'd rectify that. These are mainly with the DA14mm and Sigma 70-200/2.8 DG.

C&C is appreciated as ever.

First the *vast* 14:

Sigma, toned B&W:

DA14, and this is cropped, the lens is crazy wide:

Sigma in B&W and colour:

Not the same shot but very close, whichever one you like:

DA14:

More in following post...
Views: 1,578
04-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Four more...

DA14, phew... still have to get over it's width:

Sigma, compare this to the shot above, taken only a few minutes apart:

Follwing two with the Sigma:

Cheers!
-Asad
04-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice stuff Asad, I could look a photos of the Pacific Northwest all day (tho for a Canadian I guess it's pacific south west!) I really enjoyed the two sunset shots, both the wide and the long of it. I think I like the color shot of the mist shrouded mountains better, it's almost monochromatic, and the blue tint it has gives it a moody feel. BTW aren't really wide lenses fun? Don't think my Zenitar gives as wide a FOV as yours but I still have fun with it.

NaCl(puts the DA 14 on the "lenses to get after winning lotto" list )H2O
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nice stuff Asad, I could look a photos of the Pacific Northwest all day (tho for a Canadian I guess it's pacific south west!) I really enjoyed the two sunset shots, both the wide and the long of it. I think I like the color shot of the mist shrouded mountains better, it's almost monochromatic, and the blue tint it has gives it a moody feel. BTW aren't really wide lenses fun? Don't think my Zenitar gives as wide a FOV as yours but I still have fun with it.

NaCl(puts the DA 14 on the "lenses to get after winning lotto" list )H2O
Thanks Salt! Really wide lenses are lots and lots of fun, not just lots of fun.

Speaking of the Zenitar... I need to get me a fisheye of some kind, if not the DA zoom.

Cheers!
-Asad

04-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Asad. I really like the wide angle better then the telephoto. I guess with the wide angle you get to see more of what is going on. If you really want a fantastic wide angle try the DA 10-17mm Its a 180 degree lens, just watch you don't get your feet in the shot. I tried Brendans while at Gettysburg in October, super lens. I also like my Zenitar. There are just so many things you can do with a wide angle.
04-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Great shots Asad. I really like the wide angle better then the telephoto. I guess with the wide angle you get to see more of what is going on. If you really want a fantastic wide angle try the DA 10-17mm Its a 180 degree lens, just watch you don't get your feet in the shot. I tried Brendans while at Gettysburg in October, super lens. I also like my Zenitar. There are just so many things you can do with a wide angle.
Thanks, David! The wide angle is definitely the undisputed king of landscapes. I also tried another Pentaxian's 10-17mm (Joseph D) and it's just too much fun. Unfortunately it doesn't fit anywhere in my work projects for the time being, so it's been pushed to the back burner, although it's definitely on my personal "roadmap."

Both the ultra-wides as well as macro lenses open up entirely new worlds of photography. Same can be said about ultra-telephoto lenses I think.

Cheers!
-Asad