Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
portraits of two different girls.
Posted By: LSPhotography, 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM

so here are some of the better shots, from my first two attempts at portraits. let me know what you think!

Views: 1,803
06-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
lol 95 views and nothing, not even, a yay or ney?
06-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Patience grasshopper, it often takes more than 45 minutes to get answers out of people!

Quick comments...your closeups (1,3,5) tend to have odd framing, with the eye-line of the subject very close or dead on the centre line of the photo. Not typical if that's what you're going for, but rule of thirds would 'standardize' them and get rid of the extra space above the subject's head.

The wide portrait (2) is a good idea but the pose is a little forced...you can tell she's not relaxed because she has a white-knuckle death grip on the railing

4 is your best shot, nice lighting, background/bokeh, I like the vignette look in the processing. Although the subject is a little central for my liking I think the shot works because of the leading angle of the as it transitions from foreground to background.
06-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I agree with D.bradley. The frames distract the attention from that beatiful girls. I like #4, where the frame is only a frame. Something as simple as this, if you give me your permission.

Last edited by juanraortiz; 07-13-2009 at 08:10 AM.
06-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
and
Veteran Member

in nr 2, the background is too bright compared to the subject.
either change so that you dont have those highlights in the background, or increase the shutter or aperture to make that part darker and then add some light back into the subject either with a reflector or a flash.

in 3 and 5 imo its better to get those background stuff behind the subject instead of at about the same distance, makes it harder to seperate the subject from background. one possibility is like you have done in nr 4