Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Farewell China (再见中国)
Posted By: fractal, 06-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Well its a few days away from a year in this mad country and i'm choofing off back home in two days. I just thought i'd take the opportunity to post up some of my favourite photos, (before the internet company pulls the plug), that i have shot in the last year. I purchased my K200D more or less just before i left to come here so i am looking forward to getting back and photographing my own country/city. Needless to say it could be a bit of a sluggish process for me, as i have found my niche in street shots. China has 1.33 billion & Australia has 21 million.

Along with the non-existent concept of personal space here is the nature of the open & raw culture, (Mainland China), which just about rams photo opportunities down your throat. All to often i have put my camera away only to see, moments later, prime Chinese madness unveiling itself in front of me. Oh well.. you get some & you lose some.

In any case, i'd just like to thank those who left kind, helpful & valuable comments that have encouraged me to get out there and face the race. It seems its always a race in this country.

All taken on the Mainland, (HK & Macao excluded), with DA 18-250 & Super Tak 55/1.8

Views: 1,373
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Banned

I really, really love the second to last in the first set. the atmosphere is just amazing. well framed. excellent exposure. wonderfully captured. love it. I imagine living in china could very easily push someone into a very journalistic style of photography. you seem to have adapted very well. just my kind of photography. thank you for sharing.
06-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
séamuis: Much appreciated. Thank you. Living in China can also easily push someone over the edge

06-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Damn Brit

Nice pictures Carl, you have a good eye for composition.

Prepare yourself for culture shock when you get back home.
06-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The last 4 i forgot to add.

Last edited by fractal; 06-08-2009 at 12:49 PM.
06-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Gary.

Yes, culture shock is going to be a right bitch. Usually it hits me hardest when i come home funnily enough.