Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 night time garden shots
Posted By: robbiec, 06-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Was asked to take a few pictures of the inlaws garden last week at 22:30 Never tried night time shooting so had to play around a bit

So tripod and DA 16-45 came into play. These are uncropped and no pp just jpeg conversion.

How would you counteract the fairly harsh garden lighting ? Cover it with paper or something?
Views: 2,429
06-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Igilligan

A lighting gel over the light might work

Rosco and Lee make gel that goes on lights. Colored, UV or diffusion gel. (a light green gel would make the plants pop even more... Or some diffusion gel just to take the harshness down. What kind of garden light is it? And how many watts?

A plastic milk carton (not clear, but diffused) might work if it did not sit against the bulb. But I would not stick paper or plastic too close to the bulb if is high wattage
06-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
They're a mixture of halogen and tungsten I think. i.e the halogen take a few mins to warm up and the tungsten ones look like your normal everyday bulb. The tungsten ones are 100W, don't know the output of the halogens.
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Good colour and sentiment