Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
You leave her hanging and she'll play
Posted By: metroeloise, 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Here are some more from an earlier shoot with Jen The Aerialist. Taking a few days off next week and working out the whole flash thing... Learned so much.

Also got my new set of lenses.

Any words on these?:
SMC m 50mm 1.2
Hanimex HMC 28mm 2.8
Hanimex HMC 135mm 2.8
Vivitar 75-205 macro 3.8
K1000
and a flash

So far they shoot well. Just few set of a rose... clear crisp. easy to focus.

On to Jen...

Ciao!
M~E
Views: 1,345
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Nice set, the last one is my favourite.
Just a suggestion here, it would be nice to see a few shots where you pull back so we can see a complete person within the frame and also more background. I think a few shots like that would add drama and variety to your sets.
#1 is an example of what I'm talking about but again, she's still cut off a little.
06-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots, but I agree with Gary on the composition/framing.
06-11-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good photos of a strong woman.
Like the last two the best.
Is #3 with different lights?
It does look 3D-ish and filmcolorish, my fave.
About the cutting off I don't know, can't really see it in #1 and #2, does not bother me in #3, but would like to see the hair not cut off in #4.

About the equipment, think you have a good set of lenses there - remembering your 135mm shot and presuming that the 28/2.8 is one of the variety which is quite decent really.
Only thing I am wondering about is the zoom, but if it's a Vivitar serial number 22xxx(Kiron) or 28xxx(Komine) it should be quite good (guessing it's a 22xxx).

Keep those photos coming,
Georg (the other)

06-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice set, the last one is my favourite.
Just a suggestion here, it would be nice to see a few shots where you pull back so we can see a complete person within the frame and also more background. I think a few shots like that would add drama and variety to your sets.
#1 is an example of what I'm talking about but again, she's still cut off a little.
Yes... Great point. Learning how to do that! Have another session this weekend some night. Skill building includes learning how to anticipate your subject. Next time I am using wider lenses. I do have a few whole body shots and will set up on the thread soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Great shots, but I agree with Gary on the composition/framing.
Thank you... More full frame bod shoots are in the pipeline. I caught on as the session was progressing. The later sets she switched to the black outfit... At it turns out that necessitate some photoshop work on each of them... I'll be adding some soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
Good photos of a strong woman.
Like the last two the best.
Is #3 with different lights?
It does look 3D-ish and filmcolorish, my fave.
About the cutting off I don't know, can't really see it in #1 and #2, does not bother me in #3, but would like to see the hair not cut off in #4.

About the equipment, think you have a good set of lenses there - remembering your 135mm shot and presuming that the 28/2.8 is one of the variety which is quite decent really.
Only thing I am wondering about is the zoom, but if it's a Vivitar serial number 22xxx(Kiron) or 28xxx(Komine) it should be quite good (guessing it's a 22xxx).

Keep those photos coming,
Georg (the other)
As I worked this session out and went through the brutal debrief... I noticed many aspects of framing I will be changing... One thing I learned was that I also liked the frame cutting off partially... See it more as the frame being an element of the photo... Will also experiment with getting tighter.

Number 3 is all in the PP. That and better MF. Switching to MF for a while. Looking for information on the VF magnifiers available....

Thanks for bringing up the 135mm Hanimex m42 mount that I have and so enjoy... This one is part of a new Olde Lens Haul! All of the lenses listed are k-mount. i suspect that the HMC designation might distinguish these lenses. Taking a week off starting right after the staff meeting. 10 days of vacation. Will check these out. Will try the 28mm within the next aerialist shoot... And that Vivtar is 22**** It seems to be very clear and sharp. To be tested this morning on the bay, near a marsh. Tying my eye out on birds...

Thank you all...