Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread

Do you think this is a girl's car?
Posted By: rayallen, 06-11-2009, 03:49 AM

I spotted this car in the employee parking section at our local shopping centre. I assume that it would have to be a girl's car. What do you think?

It is a Holden (GM's local subsidiary) Commodore. And that is NOT an original colour!

Views: 25,349
08-14-2014, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #61

Playboy used to give the Playmate of the Year a new car painted in "Playmate Pink"

Playmate Of The Year Cars: 1964 To 2010

08-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
If it's not... we have many words here in Scotland for this person, but none are suitable for being repeated here on this family forum.
And likewise in Australia.
08-14-2014, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Guys, Guys, (and Ladies), look at the bright side. Who would ever steal it?
At my work the visitors PPE (hard hats, steel cap boots etc) are all pink for this reason.
08-14-2014, 04:43 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Is it a mobile dog grooming station/trailor for dog shows etc..? There are a few around here but their rigs are plain.

Mobile grooming with pink trailer attachment...
Will post a pic over next few days...

Actually in the process of selling the pink car as family has taken over my time.....

---------- Post added 08-14-14 at 09:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
At my work the visitors PPE (hard hats, steel cap boots etc) are all pink for this reason.
Definitely!!! Pink is a brilliant colour for business!

If anyone in my local area seen someone other then me driving this car id get calls for sure ! Lol

---------- Post added 08-14-14 at 09:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Playboy used to give the Playmate of the Year a new car painted in "Playmate Pink"

Wow! Wat a great read!
Its a shame playboy didnt keep up the pink pattern....

Afriend of mine has a pink harley davidson!!! Its a beautiful piece of machinery!

---------- Post added 08-14-14 at 09:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote

Wow! Wat a great read!
Its a shame playboy didnt keep up the pink pattern....

Afriend of mine has a pink harley davidson!!! Its a beautiful piece of machinery!

08-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 41ants Quote
So where do we get the idea that pink is associated with girls? I guess its those sexist parents that dress a baby girl in pink and a baby boy in blue. Maybe it's the sexist nurses (I know there are plenty of male nurses out there) in hospitals that put a pink cap on a girl and a blue one on a boy? Why do they do that? Do you think its for sexist/racist reasons or just so it's easier to differenitate the gender?
Actually there are very few men who are man enough to drive this. Their confidence would wither under the attention.
08-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Not a girl. It obviously belongs to the Pink Panther.
Hmmm...good point! Years ago, my sister dated a guy who was stuffing the 383/4 barrel out of a Road Runner into a Checker Cab and was going with a "Pink Panther" motif. Talk about thinking outside the box!
08-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SLNK Quote
Thankyou for the welcome!
It is small world!
I typed pink commodore into google images and my car was there! It blew me away !

Its so funny to see the ppl posting nasty things about me even tho they dont no me or the reasons i own that particular car!

Lucky i have a sense of humour and find myself a better person then those who judge
You are bigger and braver then the detractors of your car and the pink is very noticeable must be good for business. There is usually no personal attacks on this forum that often, but like every where it does happen. Do you have a camera would like to see some posts.
Regards

08-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IIRC at one time in the USA the most successful Mary Kay cosmetics salesladies received a pink Cadillac as a recognition item. I think a pink-painted car is still an option in the spiff catalog.
08-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Careful..... touchy people could say that this is a sexist question
08-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Actually there are very few men who are man enough to drive this. Their confidence would wither under the attention.

I used to think it was so funny to see my husband drive it! He wasnt worried... He is a mechanical workshop owner...
He owns big beasty noisy v8s...

My dad thought it was great fun to wave at people if he ever was in the passenger seat! :/ lol!

---------- Post added 08-15-14 at 08:54 AM ----------

Let it also be known i was considering doing princess fairy parties....

My four year old daughter and every other lil girl i would see love my pink car!!
08-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #71
Pentaxian

Sorry for being rude...Just to be fair I have PP'd my Jeep pink!

Last edited by sherrvonne; 06-12-2016 at 05:30 PM.
08-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #72

Let's not forget Barbie. She has a pink Ferrari too.

08-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
It could be anyone's car. Why do we create such gender stereotypes? Assuming a man is gay because he likes pink is just as bad as assuming all black people are impoverished, all jews are greedy, all americans are rednecks, all french are rude, all italians are mafiosos, all brits have bad teeth, and etc. I would hope that we've moved passed such simple stereotypes at this point. I guess we haven't.
QuoteOriginally posted by 41ants Quote
So where do we get the idea that pink is associated with girls? I guess its those sexist parents that dress a baby girl in pink and a baby boy in blue. Maybe it's the sexist nurses (I know there are plenty of male nurses out there) in hospitals that put a pink cap on a girl and a blue one on a boy? Why do they do that? Do you think its for sexist/racist reasons or just so it's easier to differenitate the gender?
as an australian, i can promise you, without offering odds (only evens) that it is a girl's car. gay guys would have more class

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
thats just a bad car, no matter how you spin it, the lines are all whack.
jarring when you see it with a colour scheme like that and slightly outlandish wheels. can be done nicely though.

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I thought I would add two things:

1) Pink == Girl is a U.S. centric thing,, to some degree.
no, not really. same is true in pretty much most western or english-speaking places. so not much creed to that.