Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Gentlemen... Start your engines!
Posted By: emilf, 06-13-2009, 02:58 PM

To start off with, I'd love to get some criticism on both these and the rest in the Flickr set.

Ok, this is a slightly different subject than the flowers I posted earlier. I went to Petit LeMans in Sebring earlier this year, and just never got around to PP them. These are just a few of the ones that I have gotten around to so far. There are probably another couple hundred that I need to go through.

The rest of the ones that I have PP'ed so far are on Flickr:

American LeMans 2009 - Sebring - a set on Flickr

Below are a small sample. They were all taken with my Vivitar S1 70-210mm v1 on my *istD. I still have some learning to do when it comes to racing photography. I'd like to get more motion blur in the background, but when I lowered the shutter speed a little more I was just having a way too high rate of throw-aways (too depressing to do for 3 days in a row).

I was also lucky enough to get to fly in a Nanchang CJ-6a and might post a few I took in the air later (most are already on Flickr).

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

#10:

#11:

#12:

Last edited by emilf; 06-13-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Numbering of photos was messed up
Views: 1,593
06-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love the first and second shots, I would have liked to have shot the Porsche at a little higher speed( to really capture the wheel off the ground), but a great set
06-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice. good shots. only criticism I can think of is too many shots of the cars back ends. First shot is great as it gets the action at the front end. And to think they say Pentax does not do action well, well you proved them wrong.
06-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I would have liked to have shot the Porsche at a little higher speed.
You mean at a faster shutter speed or that the Porsche would have been going faster?

QuoteQuote:
...only criticism I can think of is too many shots of the cars back ends.
Yeah, unfortunately all the good spots were either behind a fence and/or there was no access without a media pass. I would love to be able to go to a race and have a media pass to get out on the other side of the fence, but I guess I'll have to settle for free tickets and access to an air conditioned hospitality suite/trailer :-)

Looking through the remaining shots there are more that are from the front, but most of them are from the side or back. Not sure why that is the case on the straight aways, but maybe I'm just too slow on the shutter.

06-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I meant a faster shutter speed

And it's too bad about the angle, would have been nice to see them come out of the corner