Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Garage Tak
Posted By: fractal, 06-16-2009, 07:49 AM

Have only been home in Aus for a short time from a long stint in China and have only had a few worthy shots from my Super Tak 55/1.8. And ohhh how have I missed this two wheeled machine.

And this is my gorgeous fiancee that has come with me to Melbourne.

Views: 2,297
06-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

More pics of the 'blade please.

I don't ride ... but like a nice bike though ... a lot of my work mates are riders here ... and have some nice bikes. I have been meaning to try and get a shoot of them altogether in the car park here at work ... when all the planets and moons align with all of our shifts. Hee hee.
06-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series, Carl. Love her expression in the first shot - looks like she's "up to something".
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Nice blade, more please.
How is your fiancee handling Aus?

06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'll get some more shots of it when I take it out.. the 55 is a little long for in the garage. I just got it registered yesterday actually. I was riding to the place to get it registered and got pulled up by a cop only a kilometre from the VicRoads building.. The first thing he said was 'What's the deal with the registration mate'.. lucky he was one of those laid back Aussie cops.. doesn't seem to be too many of them around. Rego had expired and legally I was supposed to have a temporary registration permit and appointment with VicRoads. There's a saying here.. 'She'll be right mate'.

Thanks Venturi.

Gary.. She is doing pretty well. She was quite worried at first, but we had a pretty warm welcome from my family when we came home. Finding a job could be interesting.. for both of us
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Have to catch up for a ride when I get the next bike with a recent insurance payout. I suppose you'll be working towards permanent residency for your fiance? The immigration folk love digital photos as part of the evidence they need for establishing proof of a relationship due to the exif information containing the date the picture was taken so make sure you take as many pictures of her as you can. Get yourself into a few of them as well.
Oh neat pics btw.
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome home!

I'd watch out the same cop doesn't pull you over again, what with the custom photoshopped numberplate.

If you pentax bikers come down my way on the GOR, pm me, and I'll set up and get some shots on a sweeping bend I have in mind.

06-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Johnno.. did not know you were a rider.

Dale, Thank you.. Good to be home. I'd love to do the GOR.. i'm not sure my motorcycle skills are up to it though.. That is the kind of road that feels good going fast. The last time I did the GOR I 'tagged' along with a few guys on bikes with my car.. I was sh*t scared in my car.. bloody fast.
06-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Posted 80k limits from about Aireys Inlet to Apollo Bay and heavy policing says enjoy the scenery and avoid red mist riding. The baby blade would love the road. My only vehicle licence is for a bike.
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Yeah,

Red mist riding along that road is not such a good idea. Offer is there to meet up for some shots early one morning.
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I still have to catch up for some mangrove pics Dale. Perhaps an option over the next couple of months while the mozzies are dormant.