Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Wanna-Be Ghetto Line-Up:
Posted By: Artymous, 04-29-2007, 12:49 AM

This is my current gear line-up.. in a clockwise motion from the left:

Pentax-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens

Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5 prime, mounted on the trusty old Pentax *ist Ds

Pentax AF540FGZ flash unit on wireless mount. (Sadly, only wireless with K10D pop-up flash. Happily, I can borrow a K10D when I want... in fact, this photo was taken with the K10D and a Vivitar AF730PK flash).

Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5 (This lens is mostly dead. Doesn't auto-focus anymore, zooms tempermentally, and only manually focuses when it *wants* to.)

Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 prime with old Takumar metal lens hood

Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di lens. (This is my baby.)

So there you have it. A respectable line-up for a poor child care worker I guess

(This was taken at f/8 and *still* the Tamron lens is out of focus.. Hrmph. I'm too lazy to re-take it at f/11 :P)
Views: 1,582
04-29-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Still a nice set up. I even find this photo appealing for some reasons.

I did not know you working as a child care worker. That must be quite tough to look after other people's kids. Is it why you have many photography opportunities with children? I always admire these photos of yours.
04-29-2007, 01:35 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Still a nice set up. I even find this photo appealing for some reasons.

I did not know you working as a child care worker. That must be quite tough to look after other people's kids. Is it why you have many photography opportunities with children? I always admire these photos of yours.
Yes I always make a point of letting parents I'll be working for know that I'm an aspiring photographer and that their children *will* be test subjects for me. lol. To date, I've never been told no. They get quality prints for their walls, and I get invaluable experience.

I *have* been told to not post photos on my personal web galleries, of course, and I honor that.. but it's very rare, and most of the people I nanny/babysit for are glad to have them up so they can point their family members to the website.
04-29-2007, 01:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Am I the only not seeing a photo here?

04-29-2007, 01:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Am I the only not seeing a photo here?
Could be.. some people occasionally have problems seeing my shots linked from flicker.. here's a link to the photo:

A Poor Man's Treasure on Flickr - Photo Sharing!