Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lith's Six Month Backlog...
Posted By: lithos, 06-21-2009, 02:51 AM

Since I've gotten the internet on at home now, I've got time to put all these up.

From the Bendemeer Grey Fergie Festival:

All ME Super, M f1.7 50mm, on Reala.
Views: 2,485
06-21-2009, 03:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Cool Fergie shots there mate. I've got an old local dude who drives one around on a Sunday if it is nice, with a rug over his lap.

Good to see you posting again.
06-21-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nice series, I enjoyed it. Agriculture festivals have common elements all over the world.
06-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
nice series, I enjoyed it. Agriculture festivals have common elements all over the world.
Do the farmers over there have entire conversation consisting of nothing but the word "Yep"?

"Yep."
Translation: "I fear that if this El Nino continues, we shall be in the grip of another long and terrible drought, and my wheat shall suffer for it."
"Yep."
Translation: "Perhaps, although all is not lost. The fluctuation in the Pacific Ocean's surface temperature is but a mere 0.4 degrees - yea, it hardly qualifies as a true El Nino - and should quickly right itself. Fear not, my comrade, and have faith!"

There's always a bloke with the an old steam-driven, narrow comb ("Bloody scabs!!!") handpiece - or sometimes even handshears. There was also a traditional barbecue, and the smell took me right back. Onions, well-done everything, cheap bread, a can of softdrink sold from an esky - although it was depressing to see that price for the lot went up from $2...

On that hat shot, note the grey bit suspended betweem the rear of the brim and the hat rack. Those are cobwebs - they hat had sat there for weeks, untouched.

Course, none of that really should count as six months-worth. More!

Ah, pavlova. Living in somewhere as cosmopolitan (don't laugh, Sydneysiders..) as Brisbane, you never saw it. And until I bit into a chunk, I didn't realise how much I missed it. From my family reunin, with the last roll of Tri-X I've shot...haven't shot any for six months .

Ian Moss, in his natural habitat - a country pub (Imperial Hotel, Tamworth,) three feet from the audience. Which is about how far away I was when I took that shot. BW400CN, good film for pushing, but weird tone.

Views on my uncle's farm outside Manilla (NSW, not Phillipines). Porta 400NC. Last roll I've shot of that for ages, too.

Taps at the Impie. Again, the final roll of Tri-X...

Back of where I used to live...Reala, and a Rikenon 28mm.

Empty port bottle on Peel Street. I'm sure a good time was had by all.