Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2010 Camaro SS
Posted By: ismaelg, 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM

Hello,

A few months ago I talked to my good friends at Alberic Chevrolet and we agreed to do a photoshoot of the very first 2010 Camaro SS to arrive. When the car arrived they asked me to wait a few days to install the body kit and to properly detail it. We were supposed to go to a nice location nearby but I got a call early Tuesday: "You better hurry, the car sold before reaching the showroom and will be picked up in a few hours." So there goes the plan for a nice location. I hurried there and took these while it was been prepared for delivery. The dealer is interested in some promo posters. I hope you like them.
Lesson learned: I need a CPL.

You can see the rest of the pictures here:
http://public.fotki.com/tatocorvette/2010-camaro-ss/

Any comments?

Thanks,
Views: 3,165
06-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great job considering the circumstances. Beautiful car, although I could do without the red stripe.

I owned three Camaros during an earlier part of my life and I've had an interest in the new one. I wish the thing weren't so bloody heavy, but maybe GM has been able to mitigate that; I'll test drive one when the become more plentiful.

Anyway, thanks for posting these images of a very intriguing car.

Jer
06-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Thanks for posting these.

Not to criticize your photography skills, but I generally can't understand where American modern car styling is coming from these days. The chrome around the tail lights looks tacky as. In the 3rd last shot, I could easily mistake the car for a tough Japanese or Korean vehicle. Christ.. what has happened to the automotive industry.

Its time to delve back into the past and find REAL cars.
06-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
Thanks for posting these.

Not to criticize your photography skills, but I generally can't understand where American modern car styling is coming from these days. The chrome around the tail lights looks tacky as. In the 3rd last shot, I could easily mistake the car for a tough Japanese or Korean vehicle. Christ.. what has happened to the automotive industry.

Its time to delve back into the past and find REAL cars.
Sad to say but it is no more American than the Hondas and Toyotas (figuratively speaking)... Heck more of the GM and Ford parts are made and assembled across seas than the imports now days. All this blah blah about buying American cars to sustain our economy and jobs is bull in my eyes. Don't get me wrong I love our Muscle cars!! But with all the so called "import" auto makers that have plants on us soil we are crazy to say they are the ones hurting the "domestic" industry. It’s the US Domestic markets choice to outsource. Lucky for the US the other Auto Makers are also willing to outsource bring jobs back to the US. Well that’s my rant and rave... nice pictures by the way. It sure is an intriguing car.

06-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's one "Bad Ass" ride...

Thanks for sharing, now where's the keys...
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Inactive Account

well, I definitely wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I like your work here. You did a great job considering all they would let you do for a setting. I am, however, afraid that even the best setting cannot make that ugly car look good. It would kind of be like putting lipstick on a pig. Sorry but I am partial to the 1968 SS.

06-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bokehboy Quote
I like your work here. You did a great job considering all they would let you do for a setting. I am, however, afraid that even the best setting cannot make that ugly car look good. It would kind of be like putting lipstick on a pig. Sorry but I am partial to the 1968 SS.

Im partial to the '67, but the '70 Nova SS rocks my socks in a big way.

sorry...total hijack there.