Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jackson Hole Wyoming
Posted By: Jimbo, 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM

I spent a day in Jackson Hole Wyoming shooting some landscapes. Here are a few. JIM

Views: 3,126
06-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
WoW! Looks like you can reach out and touch the water. These are impressive. Jackson Hole is on my "bucket list".
06-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Jim, I envy you. I'm sure you're work is tough and you have to contend with all the travelling and being away from home. But you get to see such beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing with us.
I like #1 best, in the other two, the mountains on the RH side are a little too close to the top of the frame for my liking.
06-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
WoW! Looks like you can reach out and touch the water. These are impressive. Jackson Hole is on my "bucket list".

QuoteQuote:
Jim, I envy you. I'm sure you're work is tough and you have to contend with all the travelling and being away from home. But you get to see such beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing with us.
I like #1 best, in the other two, the mountains on the RH side are a little too close to the top of the frame for my liking.
I will check those two out Gary . I believe I cropped some from the top. Will post any chnages later. I am in a suit case 12-14 days a month so getting away with a friend for a day shooting in Jackson Hole is a bonus! I will be going back here in the fall to shoot again. JIM

06-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Damn Brit

So how do you take pictures from inside a suitcase Jim, do you have holes cut out of the sides?
I can't remember whether it was the 'Andy Williams Show' or 'Rowan and Martins Laugh In' from the late sixties, early seventies but anyway, the show had a guy who used to walk around in a big suitcase, the legs and arms poked out the bottom and sides. For some reason I always found that hilarious and never got tired of it.
06-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
So how do you take pictures from inside a suitcase Jim, do you have holes cut out of the sides?
I can't remember whether it was the 'Andy Williams Show' or 'Rowan and Martins Laugh In' from the late sixties, early seventies but anyway, the show had a guy who used to walk around in a big suitcase, the legs and arms poked out the bottom and sides. For some reason I always found that hilarious and never got tired of it.
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Great landscapes Jim! Love that first one!
06-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Great landscapes Jim! Love that first one!
Thanks bud. Happy you liked them and yesz #1 is my favorite too. Still so many to go through. JIM

06-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shots, my friend. These pictures define the "look" of Jackson Hole.

Jer
06-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Jim, you are killing me...

Great images!
06-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots!

I, for one, am glad that jimbo only VISITS places like Jackson Hole. If he lived there, can you imagine the stuff he would be posting?!

Steve
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These shots are inspiring me to go watch Bonanza. Very nice.
06-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim, you are killing me...

Great images

Thanks Mark The lighting for the Moose shots was really bad. [mid day] I really appreciate your kind words Mark. The first one was done with two filters. A cirgular polyerized filter and then a ND8 over that. The shots were mid day making it a little difficult to get the light right. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Great shots!

I, for one, am glad that jimbo only VISITS places like Jackson Hole. If he lived there, can you imagine the stuff he would be posting?!

Steve
Thanks Steve. I will be going back for a couple of days this fall. So much potential here with the right setting. JIm

QuoteQuote:
These shots are inspiring me to go watch Bonanza. Very nice.
Never thought of it that way but I can see your point. Thank you for commenting. JIM
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Beautiful shots, my friend. These pictures define the "look" of Jackson Hole.

Jer
Thanks Jer. Have many more I am working on. Was a great day to to alive! JIM
06-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Woooow excellent photos Jim! Especially #1 and #2.
Now i really wish i could be there photographing these wonderful landscapes...maybe someday...